• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Flag pole holders

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

shanes17

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
YaI have two mounted on my tower. I believe it’s 2 inch. Link below, appears to be sold out but they have other option. Also came with some rubber to protect the paint. You can see it in my pic if zoom in. I’m not home at the moment to take a closer pic.

View attachment 120651
Nice boat, I have the exact same!

The umbrella holder on back, is that just the pole that came with the boat for the table top?

Hoping one of these days to make the haul down to Destin and check out crab island! We’ve visited the area many times, never brought a boat though.

Inthrustwetrust

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice boat, I have the exact same!

The umbrella holder on back, is that just the pole that came with the boat for the table top?

Hoping one of these days to make the haul down to Destin and check out crab island! We’ve visited the area many times, never brought a boat though.
Yup, table leg and a Walmart beach umbrella with a 1 inch section of a noodle as a spacer. Worked great for 4 or 5 outings, had a decent Thunderstorm kick up north of Crab Island Saturday that caused the wind to pick up to 20-25mph and the umbrella went flying, used some 550cord I bought for this exact reason, just wrapped it around the top fabric supports and tied off the rear cleat. Held well.

Crab Island is a must if you ever come down, we love going out, I did almost get hit by rental pontoon last weekend, so keep your head on a swivel, lots of people that never driven a boat and probably had a few to many beers + distracting drunken passengers + music. West side, just north of the coast guard station, on the outside of the gathering seems to be the safest spot, it’s the furthest away from the rentals and most the rowdy tourist crowd.

Clovisite23

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think your post borders on politics but the flag itself doesn’t trigger me.
I agree with @Luc Lafreniere though and think the mount could look a lot better.
I bought two of the mounts in the attached pic when they were $10 but they are still worth what they currently cost.
ita held in place on a bimini pole with a couple of zip ties.
View attachment 120607
How do you like this flag pole mount?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Clovisite23 , they worked well for me. I mounted them high on the port and starboard Bimini support poles and could be used even if the Bimini top was in the stowed position. The only reason I don’t use them now is because I have a tower mounted flag holder as well as three rod cup-holder combos throughout the boat that work great as flag pole holders. The price of the referenced units can’t be beat. For comparison, a rod/cup holder combo is around $40 and cutting a big hole in your boat may be required. The tower mounted unit is $60+ for the tower collar and tube.

warengryn

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
To be honest, I probably would have just bought a proper flag holder… Your DIY one doesn’t look very secured. And have you thought what would happen if the pole falls down and it might endanger other people? Idk man, to me safety always comes first no matter what. But hey, nice pole you have there, I really like the color. You can buy some solar flag pole lights on Amazon though. I bought some of them an they came back better than I thought. By the way, theses will automatically turns off in the day so you won’t have to worry about the switch, the wires or the electrical connections. FYI, it fits most flagpoles from 15-25 feet

Last edited:

Chatt_Jetsetter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
So I looked at waketower flag poles and refused to spend 85 dollas..I need that extra cash to help make America Great Again.

So flag pole, piece o pvc, one stainless screw, 2 band straps, and a 8 dollar Amazon flag. Total in $20.

Be honest does my flag trigger you?
I spent the money on the "good ones", the Big Air flag holders and poles. Holders are no joke, beefy and strong. Flag pole was strong too, but it fell out at no wake speed and disappeared under the water. Installed according to their instructions, but the thumb screw backed out and caused the lost pole, and then it fell out as well.

Good thing you saved yourself some money and a little grief.