• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

I hope this is not blasphemous...

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
but I do not have the time, nor interest, to read every post on every subject here on Jetboaters. I use to be able to control what catagories displayed but since the recent update all are being displayed again. Can someone tell me to make catagories not show up?

I'm actually baffled by this question....can you tell me how you were limiting what you saw before? Unless @Bruce installed an add on I wasn't aware of, we didn't have a category filter. The site is based on Forums. Did you perhaps have a special forum search?

Thank you for responding @Julian. I am sure I didn't do anything special. I am not smart enough for that. I just limited the catagories that displayed somehow. For instance, the fishing catagory did not display (due to my fear of getting hooked on another thing) but since the update now all the catagories are showing. Is there a way to limit what shows?

@Julian is this what I may have done? Can I do it again?
I betcha that was it. The forum update looks like it reset a lot of things back to their defaults by design.

I may need to remember this myself

@Julian is this what I may have done? Can I do it again?
@Bruce, looks like you didn't install the Ignore threads post upgrade.... Was that an oversight or was it causing issues?

I betcha that was it. The forum update looks like it reset a lot of things back to their defaults by design.

I may need to remember this myself
I've noticed that people on my ignore list from before the update have remained. Threads, though, have not. I've had searches return some threads I thought I had ignored previously.

Also thanks to the Admin team for all the work. You guys rock!

I've noticed that people on my ignore list from before the update have remained. Threads, though, have not. I've had searches return some threads I thought I had ignored previously.

Also thanks to the Admin team for all the work. You guys rock!

Was it something I said? I'd like to pass it around if it worked 😄😉

Was it something I said? I'd like to pass it around if it worked 😄😉
No No.....you provide valuable "content" in various forums. I'm not ignoring you at all :D

Although, I like your train of thought there :D

@buckbuck, @Julian does Ignoring Threads work now?

The add-on was not upgraded to support version 2.3 of Xenforo when I upgraded the forum software.

I purchased and installed the latest version.

I have never used it so not sure how to test.

@buckbuck, @Julian does Ignoring Threads work now?

The add-on was not upgraded to support version 2.3 of Xenforo when I upgraded the forum software.

I purchased and installed the latest version.

I have never used it so not sure how to test.
Yes, it is working now.

Simple way to test....open a "Sold" ad I'm the what's new list, click ignore, refresh whatsnew and see that it's gone.

Thanks Bruce!

@Bruce @Julian
When I click on the ignore button it just gives me a message that I have already chose to ignore that forum. However it still displays. I tried closing the internet and restarting but it did not make any difference. Any ideas? Please dumb down your instructions and terminology to my level.:)

@Bruce @Julian Hmmm...I just tried to ignore a forum that I didn't previously ignore and it worked. So something to do with previous selections.

@Bruce @Julian
When I click on the ignore button it just gives me a message that I have already chose to ignore that forum. However it still displays. I tried closing the internet and restarting but it did not make any difference. Any ideas? Please dumb down your instructions and terminology to my level.:)
Does it give you the option to un-ignore?

I removed and reinstalled the Ignore Content add-on.

There are errors related to it in the error log.

We may have to give that developer additional time to get it working.

Testing on sold treads it seems to work for me.

The ignore option seems to be working for me, thanks Bruce. Having said that one used to be able to ignore threads without having to open the thread first.

@Bruce @Julian It seems to now be working. I will let you know if I experience any hiccups. Thanks for your help.

Back