• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Forum News! New "warning" feature now live - No Personal Attacks, Partisan Politics etc

JDRacing

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I totally support what you are doing.....I tend to be a hardass sometimes when it comes to personal responsibility, hence my post. Whatever you decide, I think it is a good thing. I do think a notice would be a good thing so that all members can expect something. Also good to advise any new/perspective members. Thanks to all the moderators for what they do.....I think the time you spend to make this the great forum that it is, is sometimes taken for granted.
+1 for personal responsibility and for the Moderators.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I like it.

While initially it seems you wouldn't need to allow so many warnings, after thinking about it a bit, the numbers seem right. I might be inclined to make the expiration more like 30 or 60 days rather than 7 though.

As you said, we don't want one warning to be that big of a stick. Anyone can have a bad day and post something they later regret. You're just looking for patterns of behavior.

Accumulating 7 warnings would also make the "bigger" decision a no-brainier. That's a pattern twice over.

Either way, if it makes your lives easier, I say do it.

Thanks for all you folks do - and thanks for putting up with us.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What they all said. Look, @captras and I may be more harsh (on days). But for me the bottom line is the same: if this makes your life easier, is reasonable (as you folks in my experience always are), and respects you folks as Administrators, I am all for it. I am completely serious that this is your house, I appreciate it, and respect it. I do not mean to suggest your thinking regarding the number of 'strikes' is wrong--in point of fact, seeing @Julian 's post, it is probably right. More to say--this is good, and if you wanted or needed to go farther to keep things afloat, that is fine too. Float on folks. And thanks to @Administrative !

David D

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I like the intent of the Warning system and know (and trust) the moderators to revise it as we have more experience with it. I know I’ve probably said things while in a particular mood that I regretted later. I really value all of you in moderating and forum leadership roles. This is a great forum and well run. Thanks!

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Last edited:

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Looks like a bunch of nonsense to me and should be removed.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
A test of our correct use of the report button? Maybe that's what that was.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
After translating it, it appears to be spam; advertisement to top 10 games.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Looks good to me....

I came across this thread in the similar threads at the bottom of another thread that I was reading, the algorithms are sure interesting and apropos!

Having been a mod on a web site some years ago, I think the warning thing would have been useful. I always just had to write to the offending member, then the plaintiff to get everyone playing nice in the sand box and sharing the toys again. I think in the 8 years or so that I was a mod I only had to ban a handful of people.

I will echo what others have said, I appreciate the hard work the mods do behind the scenes and really enjoy this website.

Keep up the good work guys!!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Looks good to me....

I came across this thread in the similar threads at the bottom of another thread that I was reading, the algorithms are sure interesting and apropos!

Having been a mod on a web site some years ago, I think the warning thing would have been useful. I always just had to write to the offending member, then the plaintiff to get everyone playing nice in the sand box and sharing the toys again. I think in the 8 years or so that I was a mod I only had to ban a handful of people.

I will echo what others have said, I appreciate the hard work the mods do behind the scenes and really enjoy this website.

Keep up the good work guys!!
Thanks for the feedback. We have been very lucky in our 7 years of operation we've only had to ban 2 people...and if anything, members said we were too lenient. We'd prefer to keep things harmonious if we can...and thus far its been pretty great!!!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks for the feedback. We have been very lucky in our 7 years of operation we've only had to ban 2 people...and if anything, members said we were too lenient. We'd prefer to keep things harmonious if we can...and thus far its been pretty great!!!
A harmonious existence is always preferable!

Acard7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Awe, come'on she's cute...Don't you want to help? :winkingthumbsup"

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Awe, come'on she's cute...Don't you want to help? :winkingthumbsup"
It was the same picture with a different member name a few weeks ago.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hilarious that SPAMers chose to post on the thread that talks about how to warn and ban people for SPAMing (among other things). Kinda like trying to burn down the fire department! Fortunately not too many get through.