• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New "warning" feature now live.

JDRacing

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I totally support what you are doing.....I tend to be a hardass sometimes when it comes to personal responsibility, hence my post. Whatever you decide, I think it is a good thing. I do think a notice would be a good thing so that all members can expect something. Also good to advise any new/perspective members. Thanks to all the moderators for what they do.....I think the time you spend to make this the great forum that it is, is sometimes taken for granted.
+1 for personal responsibility and for the Moderators.

Dean P

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length

biglar155

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I like it.

While initially it seems you wouldn't need to allow so many warnings, after thinking about it a bit, the numbers seem right. I might be inclined to make the expiration more like 30 or 60 days rather than 7 though.

As you said, we don't want one warning to be that big of a stick. Anyone can have a bad day and post something they later regret. You're just looking for patterns of behavior.

Accumulating 7 warnings would also make the "bigger" decision a no-brainier. That's a pattern twice over.

Either way, if it makes your lives easier, I say do it.

Thanks for all you folks do - and thanks for putting up with us.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What they all said. Look, @captras and I may be more harsh (on days). But for me the bottom line is the same: if this makes your life easier, is reasonable (as you folks in my experience always are), and respects you folks as Administrators, I am all for it. I am completely serious that this is your house, I appreciate it, and respect it. I do not mean to suggest your thinking regarding the number of 'strikes' is wrong--in point of fact, seeing @Julian 's post, it is probably right. More to say--this is good, and if you wanted or needed to go farther to keep things afloat, that is fine too. Float on folks. And thanks to @Administrative !

David D

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I like the intent of the Warning system and know (and trust) the moderators to revise it as we have more experience with it. I know I’ve probably said things while in a particular mood that I regretted later. I really value all of you in moderating and forum leadership roles. This is a great forum and well run. Thanks!

zipper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Last edited:

Dean P

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Looks like a bunch of nonsense to me and should be removed.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks @zipper, @Dean P, @Beachbummer and everyone else that reported this morning’s spammer.

Our filters catch them most of the time but two got through this morning.