• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Shelbyville Illinois, July 29th to July 31st 2016

Golf, Golf, Golf...

Everyone- @MutherTucker was able to secure 16 spots for a golf Scramble on Friday of the Gathering (7/29/2016). This is designed to just have some fun and socialize with other boaters. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE GOOD. Andrea and I are participating and are not good.

A golf scramble is a format for golf tournaments where two or more players form a team to play, with the rules emphasizing fun without the pressure of players keeping individual scores. Each player hits a tee shot on each hole, but everyone plays from the spot of the best shot, subject to certain criteria.

I encourage you to participate. The folks that went last year had a blast and are still talking about it.

Place: Eagle Creek Golf Course: www.golfateaglecreek.com
Date: Friday, July 29, 2016
Time: 9:30 am - 11:30 am
Number of holes: 9
Format: Scramble
Goal: Fun, Fun, Fun!!!!

Confirmed from what I gather:

1. Neil
2. Andrea
3. Renee
4. Chris
5. Amy
6. Sue
7. Josh
8. Scott S.
9. Jerry
10. Angie
11. Melinda
12. Cassidy
13. Bill D.

Last edited:
Liean will not be golfing Saturday, just myself.

Updated! I'll be happy to keep the map up to date if we have any more changes. Still no one in Blue Spruce Log Cabin 3? :(

Attachments

Updated! I'll be happy to keep the map up to date if we have any more changes. Still no one in Blue Spruce Log Cabin 3? :(
Checking.................................

@OperationROL add me to the golf list too! As of right now, I'll be the only one from my group.

So ready to head down! I've been too busy with new business this year to follow this thread as much as normal! Is there anyone that can get my bigg butt out of the water. Need surfing lessons stat!

@pumps and hose I am sure we can! Look forward to the challenge!

So ready to head down! I've been too busy with new business this year to follow this thread as much as normal! Is there anyone that can get my bigg butt out of the water. Need surfing lessons stat!

@OperationROL What day is "Will" sorry, "surprise guest", showing up?
That would be cool!

Got new tires all around yesterday. Need to take care of landscaping on the two plazas i manage, mow my own lawn, finish up my boat cover snaps, look into finishing my speaker wiring, fix my loose fire extinguisher mount, and possibly get the new depth finder figured out. Ok.. maybe i need more than one day.

And the orange flag!
If you forgot or are new we need to have that orange skier down flag in Illinois. I will be heading to cabelas soon for one as amazon didn't have the ones i want with two day shipping.

And the orange flag!
If you forgot or are new we need to have that orange skier down flag in Illinois. I will be heading to cabelas soon for one as amazon didn't have the ones i want with two day shipping.

For those of you from out of state here is a snip from the Illinois rule. I know some states you only have to hold the flag up when the skier is down and we have seen a couple boats around us that just keep their flags up all the time. There is a $25 fee for not following the rule as listed below.

The operator of any watercraft that is towing a person or persons shall display on the watercraft a bright or brilliant orange flag measuring not less than 12 inches per side. The flag shall be displayed at the highest point of the area surrounding the boat's helm as to be visible from all directions, continuously, while the person or persons being towed depart the boat in preparation for towing and until reentry into the boat when the activity has ceased.

For those of you from out of state here is a snip from the Illinois rule. I know some states you only have to hold the flag up when the skier is down and we have seen a couple boats around us that just keep their flags up all the time. There is a $25 fee for not following the rule as listed below.

The operator of any watercraft that is towing a person or persons shall display on the watercraft a bright or brilliant orange flag measuring not less than 12 inches per side. The flag shall be displayed at the highest point of the area surrounding the boat's helm as to be visible from all directions, continuously, while the person or persons being towed depart the boat in preparation for towing and until reentry into the boat when the activity has ceased.

Oh great. Now i gotta go measure my flag....

Back