• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
A few more pics from my trip to Old Sacranento.
First a few pics of a seaplane as it was being parked/docked to for lunch on the water.

Second a fee pics of an alternative jet boat that tied up near my boat last night. Looks like a small version of the steel bottom boats that are used to give people tours of the colorado river/grand canyon and kalamath river on the ca / oregon boarder. Not something id be interested in but still think its cool.

IMG_9654.JPG IMG_9652.JPG IMG_9662.JPG
IMG_9663.JPG
IMG_9664.JPG

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
F@#$#@%^&*!!!
upload_2017-9-10_21-22-38.png

I'm having a rough season... lol.
(not the worst ever, actually, but still pretty rough...)

Is this the largest rock ever sucked into a Yammie.? IDK. This thing is so big, it jammed between the transom plate and the wear ring. I needed to pull the wear ring along the stator/impeller shaft to get it out.

But that was not it (for my adventure)! As I was putzing back to the dock, just few hundred yards, BOOM - I caught something else in the other (strbd) pump!
upload_2017-9-10_21-25-32.png

SS band clamp...???!!! WTF???? No idea where it came from, I could not find any place around the strbd pump that would be missing one - so I must have sucked it up from the river...:confused:
The clamp managed to wrap around the impeller and bend the leading edge.

So - two new impellers already ordered, hopefully Babbitt's can ship fast, I don't want it to be the season ending booboo.

--

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
F@#$#@%^&*!!!
View attachment 63898

Is this the largest rock ever sucked into a Yammie.? IDK. This thing is so big, it jammed between the transom plate and the wear ring. I needed to pull the wear ring along the stator/impeller shaft to get it out.

But that was not it (for my adventure)! As I was putzing back to the dock, just few hundred yards, BOOM - I caught something else in the other (strbd) pump!
View attachment 63899

SS band clamp...???!!! WTF???? No idea where it came from, I could not find any place around the strbd pump that would be missing one - so I must have sucked it up from the river...:confused:
The clamp managed to wrap around the impeller and bend the leading edge.

So - two new impellers already ordered, hopefully Babbitt's can ship fast, I don't want it to be the season ending booboo.

--
I'm starting to think your boat is cursed or something.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Last edited:

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
F@#$#@%^&*!!!
View attachment 63898

Is this the largest rock ever sucked into a Yammie.? IDK.

But that was not it (for my adventure)!

SS band clamp...???!!! WTF????

--
Wow, BUMMER DUDE!!! First thing comes to mind is that song from HEHAW years ago, goes something like...Gloom, despair and agony on me...If it wern't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all. I'd say it's time for your luck to turn around. Sending good luck thoughts your way. Are the water levels still low, like last year, on your approach to your marina?

Ilmmct

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Wow looks like a moon rock. I'd called the Guinness Book of Records folks ... "Largest rock every sucked up by a Yamaha Jetboat" ... the record is yours ...

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are the water levels still low, like last year, on your approach to your marina?
The entire river is very low right now. But I blame myself. While I was NOT on plane (putzing around and watching birds - distracted) my stern got too close to one of the banks but then I put it in reverse to stop the spin - always a recipe for disaster.
Not that I didn't know! Need to work on my reflexes... LOL.

EDIT:
But - even with the water low there is 35' of water in a cove downstream.
We were wakeboarding the whole morning over GLASS until our hands couldn't hold anymore. It was one of the best outings this year.
upload_2017-9-11_9-44-43.png

--

Last edited:

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Pulled this guy out of the deep at the beach today.20170912_144732.jpg Left him on a pedestal of driftwood to guard the beach.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I was wondering where I left that.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Was on lake Havasu yesterday. Saw this launch ramp fail. These people were very fortunate considering it was at Site 6 and there wasn't a crowd. (Look up site 6 on YouTube and you'll know what I mean)
IMG_0556.JPG

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oh man I love those Ramp 6 videos, those people are savage!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
After seeing one or two videos of people at that ramp i would be sure to avoid it if i ever visit lake havasu.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
As we were coming back from the beach today, just inside the narrows of Malletts Bay I saw this guy land, and as we passed the pilot hit the throttles and took off. Those engines drowned out the engine noise from my MR-1s.
20170915_202005.jpg

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Post hurricane beer selection.......need i say more?
IMG_4357.JPG
Yeah.....that Stella made it into my fridge.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got new impellers!

Arrived in less than a week! (if all goes well, might be able to hit the water this weekend!!!)
upload_2017-9-15_23-23-26.png
upload_2017-9-15_23-41-10.png
upload_2017-9-15_23-24-43.png

Seem to be better machined and better finished actually - as compared to the last time I bough those. Always liked the OEMs though, best impellers for these boats.

All 3 blades in both pitched consistently - a good sign. The trailing edges align perfectly with each other within a fraction of a mm - very good. You will never see this with refurbished, not quite.
upload_2017-9-15_23-29-51.png

Since the port and strbd come pitched the same from factory now, I am very tempted to bend the port side a tad more aggressively, but will leave it alone for now. Want to see what I'm getting for top RPM and speed first. Then decide.

I was also able to seal the pump now that I have everything taken apart. Of course I found a few spots with missing factory sealant. The factory does not do a great job with that, my intake grates have had hardly any along entire stretches...

Very impressed with Babbitt's Online, it will be my new go-to Yamaha parts outfit. Their prices are very competitive, and currently run 10% discount on anything you order through their new app. Which is also very good for viewing part fisches.

--