• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The Vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Wait a minute........a few days ago you posted that you had two new COVID patients and only one bed left. The "tone" of your post was that you decided which of the two persons would get to live and which one would get thrown out on the street to die:

So, in reality, you didn't decide who was going to die - you opened up another floor - or am I missing something? I'm not downplaying the fact that this spreads the hospital staff thin but just trying to figure out if what comes out of your mouth/keyboard is dramatized or not - at this point it's hard to tell.

And, "not trying to be a dick here, just curious" how do you find all this time to post on a jetboaters website about what you're dealing with at work? Wouldn't your time be better spent sleeping/resting?

A couple of suggestions:

1- Push yourself back from your keyboard and take a deep breath - with all the tears streaming down your face (guessing this based on the tone of 90% of your posts) you could get electrocuted. How many keyboards have you shorted out?

2- Go outside and pound another "A hero lives here" sign in your front yard. Slinging a hammer around may get some aggression out and make you feel better.

I hope that this doesn't hurt your feelings too much but I'm sure that the group of boot-licking lapdogs that always show up to pat you on the back will be along shortly and say how mean I am. Maybe my post will even get censored by the admins as that seems to be the trend around here.

Based on the admins ignoring BigN8 being OK with closing this thread, and their disinterest in getting it back on track, it must mean that they're OK with it becoming a free for all - have at it.

Oh, and since one of the admin's said it earlier in this thread - which makes it OK - maybe you should either pull up your big boy pants, look for a different occupation, or just "shut the fuck up".
Bud. That post is not worth my time. Carry on

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I believe the CDC, NIH, and FDA is trying to be as transparent, as possible, about covid vaccines and treatment options. As always, consult with your personal physician for advice. I would also suggest, don't be hesitant for a second opinion, as appropriate.

Here's a link to an FDA document, "5 Things You Need to Know about the COVID-19 Vaccine for Adolescents 12 through 17" This document was posted online last Thursday.

Jim

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Wait a minute........a few days ago you posted that you had two new COVID patients and only one bed left. The "tone" of your post was that you decided which of the two persons would get to live and which one would get thrown out on the street to die:

So, in reality, you didn't decide who was going to die - you opened up another floor - or am I missing something? I'm not downplaying the fact that this spreads the hospital staff thin but just trying to figure out if what comes out of your mouth/keyboard is dramatized or not - at this point it's hard to tell.

And, "not trying to be a dick here, just curious" how do you find all this time to post on a jetboaters website about what you're dealing with at work? Wouldn't your time be better spent sleeping/resting?

A couple of suggestions:

1- Push yourself back from your keyboard and take a deep breath - with all the tears streaming down your face (guessing this based on the tone of 90% of your posts) you could get electrocuted. How many keyboards have you shorted out?

2- Go outside and pound another "A hero lives here" sign in your front yard. Slinging a hammer around may get some aggression out and make you feel better.

I hope that this doesn't hurt your feelings too much but I'm sure that the group of boot-licking lapdogs that always show up to pat you on the back will be along shortly and say how mean I am. Maybe my post will even get censored by the admins as that seems to be the trend around here.

Based on the admins ignoring BigN8 being OK with closing this thread, and their disinterest in getting it back on track, it must mean that they're OK with it becoming a free for all - have at it.

Oh, and since one of the admin's said it earlier in this thread - which makes it OK - maybe you should either pull up your big boy pants, look for a different occupation, or just "shut the fuck up".
The one patient was admitted to the ED. The other remained in the ED until a bed or a floor could be opened up. Your tone is not appreciated. Maybe your response was overly dramatic and certainly antagonistic. WTF.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The one patient was admitted to the ED. The other remained in the ED until a bed or a floor could be opened up. Your tone is not appreciated. Maybe your response was overly dramatic and certainly antagonistic. WTF.
It took longer than I thought for one of tabi's crew to show up - where's the rest of the cabal?

Overly antagonistic and dramatic?? Holy shit, look back through the last 50 pages of this debacle and tell me what you see? Your boy has been about as dramatic as anyone in this thread and has turned more antagonistic with each page.

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I don’t share your viewpoint. The man was sharing some insights, thoughts on the discussion. Now you want to shame him? Not what I expected from the true purpose of this thread. Go ahead...give me what’s due.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Huh?! Care should always be prioritized on who needs it the most, no? Can you imagine coming in as a dying trauma patient from rocking climbing and are told you need to wait til I treat this person's broken finger first because you decided to go rock climbing and that was a more risky life choice. You start prioritizing care based on people's life choices and you'll open a whole can of ridiculous worms.
I went to the ER with a possible heart attack, if I was denied care because someone who CHOSE not to be vaccinated contracted Covid and now needs medical attention I have every right to be upset about not receiving such care. The unvaccinated should have to accept the risks and consequences of their choice(s).

Last edited:

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I don’t share your viewpoint. The man was sharing some insights, thoughts on the discussion. Now you want to shame him? Not what I expected from the true purpose of this thread. Go ahead...give me what’s due.
That's the thing, this thread was started by someone who just wanted a place for members to post their "personal" experience with the vaccines and devolved into a dumpster fire where the vaxxer and anti-vaxxer crowds have squared off. For those that argue that this thread is a good source of information I would counter that if you're looking in an Off Topic section of a jet boat website for your medical information you're probably doomed.

And for the shaming part, for fucks sake look at all of the anti-vax shaming that has gone on in this thread - lots of it by your boy.

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
That's the thing, this thread was started by someone who just wanted a place for members to post their "personal" experience with the vaccines and devolved into a dumpster fire where the vaxxer and anti-vaxxer crowds have squared off. For those that argue that this thread is a good source of information I would counter that if you're looking in an Off Topic section of a jet boat website for your medical information you're probably doomed.

And for the shaming part, for fucks sake look at all of the anti-vax shaming that has gone on in this thread - lots of it by your boy.
Yes we are all frustrated. Some more than others. It seems the anti vaccine crowd is the new target on social media, the press, even here at times. I looked at the news and every article about covid is focused primarily on the unvaxed. Yeah some breakthrough but much less in proportion. Your post has made me review my posts and I can see how some would be construed as pro-vax. However, I thought with honesty and sharing perspectives based on experiences would give insight and depth to the conversation and not animosity. Sometime the truth is ugly. I appreciate you hearing my points and having a dialogue. I, like you, would like to see this thread stay true to it’s initial purpose. You have every right to interpret how you see fit.

Last edited:

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
What is the shame is that publishing the facts - like the fact that Duke hospital - the largest in Raleigh - is full of unvaccinated covid patients and is turning away patients - is deemed anti vax shaming. Its a fact. Now if those people want to feel shame for their decision based on these FACTS....so be it. Social media is fanning the flames of a tiny minority of adverse reactions. Flames that a significant percentage of Americans WANT to be true for some reason. But that doesn't mean we bury the facts and ignore them.

The reality is....a tiny fraction of a percentage of people have adverse reactions. That scares people. Its like playing the lottery but in reverse.....you don't want to win.....and chances are VERY high....you won't. But people play the lottery all the time with the hope of winning.

@WiskyDan please refrain from calling anyone "boy" its demeaning and petty.

crazy4life

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I went to the ER with a possible heart attack, if I was denied care because some one who CHOSE not to be vaccinated contracted Covid and now needs medical attention I have every right to be upset about not receiving such care. The unvaccinated should have to accept the risks and consequences of their choice.
What what if you were a 400 pound dude that smoked three packs of cigarettes a day but you’re vaccinated. I guess you would still want to get ahead of the 30-year-old guy that works out five times a week but is not vaccinated correct.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
There are a lot of what if questions that I won’t get into because they divert from my statement/issue. I’m not a 400 pound daily smoker. I had a medical emergency and don’t believe that I should be placed lower on the priority list than someone who got very sick from Covid because they chose not to be vaccinated. They made their choice and many claim they did so knowingly. I don’t feel the same about those who have been vaccinated and still contract Covid.

I look at intentionally deciding not to be vaccinated as an assumption of the risks, coming to the nuisance and failure to mitigate the damage(s). Freedom of choice works both ways. If someone doesn’t want to want to be vaccinated for whatever reason fine, but don’t expect special treatment of you contract Covid, need to be put on a vent and possibly die anyway. That is, imho such people just gave up their place in the line for medical treatment.

Last edited:

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
What what if you were a 400 pound dude that smoked three packs of cigarettes a day but you’re vaccinated. I guess you would still want to get ahead of the 30-year-old guy that works out five times a week but is not vaccinated correct.
Not quite the same analogy - it would be the same if there was a shot that the 400lb smoker who just had a heart attack COULD have taken but chose not to.

That said - triage and death panels are a fascinating and disturbing side track - today those death panels exist behind the closed doors of for profit insurance companies or government medicare/medicaid panels - pretty frightening who you chose.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Ronnie, that is a very precipitous slope, I’m not sure you thought that through.

Julian, the “death panels” were a part of the AHCA, so not just for profit healthcare companies. Neither of which should have such panels or policies.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Neither of which should have such panels or policies.
Death panels are unavoidable - like a said - interesting side track. But there are always times where someone has to decide 1) are we going to keep treating this patient - is there any hope? 2) Can we afford to keep treating this patient? 3) will we approve to treat this patient - IE - deny coverage. All of these are a form of "death panel" - and it happens everyday. The "Death" part of these panels are the most controversial, but non-death panels - we all face those. I have a family member who needs an MRI to determine where the neuropathy is coming from - insurance refuses to approve the MRI. Doc and insurance have been battling this for MONTHS! Of course the insurance company doesn't want the MRI.....it costs money - they make profit by denying authorization to treat. Ugly stuff. And one of the reasons that Medical Bankruptcy is the #1 reason for bankruptcy.

crazy4life

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There are a lot of what if questions that I won’t get into because they divert from my statement/issue. I’m not a 400 pound daily smoker. I had a medical emergency and don’t believe that I should be placed lower on the priority list than someone who got very sick from Covid because they chose not to be vaccinated. They made their choice and many claim they did so knowingly. I don’t feel the same about those who have been vaccinated and still contract Covid.

I look at intentionally deciding not to be vaccinated as an assumption of the risks, coming to the nuisance and failure to mitigate the damage(s). Freedom of choice works both ways. If someone doesn’t want to want to be vaccinated for whatever reason fine, but don’t expect special treatment of you contract Covid, need to be put on a vent and possibly die anyway. That is, imho such people just gave up their place in the line for medical treatment.

So the 400 pound smoker to the front of line. Did'nt he make his choice to be a fat bastard with no self control? The guy who chose to eat right and exercise and put what he believes is poisen in his body should be pushed aside while we work on the the guy who has been main lining bacon cheeseburgers and marlboro's for the last 20 yesrs. Gothca.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So the 400 pound smoker to the front of line. Did'nt he make his choice to be a fat bastard with no self control? The guy who chose to eat right and exercise and put what he believes is poisen in his body should be pushed aside while we work on the the guy who has been main lining bacon cheeseburgers and marlboro's for the last 20 yesrs. Gothca.
Still not quite the same analogy - it would be the same if there was a shot that the 400lb smoker who just had a heart attack COULD have taken but chose not to.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@crazy4life , I don’t understand your responses or questions and don’t have time or motivation to debate you. Now I’m wondering if you are in the position of not being vaccinated and therefore are at higher risk or contracting Covid and / or getting sicker than those who have been vaccinated.

If your true to your screen name I highly recommend that you get vaccinated if you have not been already.

Status
Not open for further replies.