• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

What did I do,,,,,,

Moredebt

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Weeeeell I did it. Went to “look” at the boats and was sideswiped by a knowledgeable salesman. I’ve been poking and looking at the boats. Well after the numbers were crunched I’ll bring her home tomorrow; 2024 222XE.
I’ve owned a bow rider before (90’s bayliner), but nothing like this. Looking forward to learning from all of ya.

Attachments

• IMG_0359.png
    IMG_0359.png
    7.4 MB · Views: 18
Congrats! You’ll find JB.net to have a wealth of knowledge on upgrades, mods, and repairs - this site has many many awesome members

Congrats! You’ll find JB.net to have a wealth of knowledge on upgrades, mods, and repairs - this site has many many awesome members
Thanks. A bit overwhelming to say the least. Now to purchase all the needed items. Any check list on here that I can use for launching etc,,,,?

Thanks. A bit overwhelming to say the least. Now to purchase all the needed items. Any check list on here that I can use for launching etc,,,,?
This sticky is a good starting point. I’d recommend scrolling through the various forum sections and looking at all of the stickied posts

Just post a credit card with a decent limit. We'll take care of things you never knew existed. You don't have to ask us how to spend your money, we've got more ways than a wife, to separate those fun tickets from your wallet.

In addition to the sticky thread I would recommend going through everything on the boat before bringing it home from the dealer with a fine tooth comb. Stick your head down into everywhere you can and have a strong light like a LED mini mag lite that uses two AAA batteries, they are small and very bright, your cell phone light is not bright enough for this purpose. If there things that are not right at least get them documented for later. I don’t know where you live or the dealer location but I’d recommend a sea trial with someone familiar with the boat to make sure everything works properly. You wouldn’t buy a new car without a test drive right?

Check the bearing buddies to make sure there is enough grease in them so when you push on one side of the piston it will rock, you’ll have to keep adding grease over the next few outings until all the air is forced out of the hubs. Don’t over grease them, otherwise you’ll be missing a dust cover(s) and have a big mess.

There is a break in procedure for the engines listed in the manual, follow it.

Other than those things go burn as much fuel as you can !

Be sure to check out the FAQ, it has lots of helpful tips and links (like pickup checklists, launching checklists etc)

Back