• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha 2024 line up …

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hopefully will get some efficiency number soon on the 1.9L. Same or hopefully better than the 1.8's would awesome. Like where the new oil filter is.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Here we go….
IMG_3741.png

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Hopefully will get some efficiency number soon on the 1.9L. Same or hopefully better than the 1.8's would awesome. Like where the new oil filter is.
Hate the horizontal mount oil filter. Maybe I can patent a relocation option and make my fortune that way.. glad to see the 2024 SX195 doesn’t have a better color combo than my 2022. Grey and white or black and white. Yamaha, some of us live below the Mason/Dixon line, black fades…

@JC!

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Hate the horizontal mount oil filter...
It's actually reachable in the Waverunners without spilling oil all over the inside of the hull... ;)

yam240sx

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No more lead Rod bearings .. WTF did they replace them with ?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Waiting for the Capt. Steve review over at BoatTest. Should be soon I think

drober30

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SD
Boat Length
Makes sense.

New engine new model, small increase, I would assume then it makes the previous models without the new engines go down somewhat in price used?
Maybe but the 1.8 that is time tested and reliable has it's advantages too. When a question was asked about noise improvement, it was said that Yamaha has not tested the engine in production boats so it does not have information (db readings) on that.

Imagine trying to get parts for the new engine, some people might like the idea of having the 1.8 for the next few years.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Another 20hp on that 1.9, nice! I wonder if a guy could bolt on a 1.9 TB to a 1.8...

OTOH, being the first person to buy a newly designed motor... I'll wait a few years until the bugs are shook out.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
no one's mentioned the 25% lighter plant-based resin engine covers.....all that weight savings

more power = great
less noise = greater
LOL I saw that and was like "wtaf was that flex..."

JMSGA

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ill wait a few years for the bugs if any to be worked out of the 1.9's. Surprised they didnt go alittle bigger on the displacement.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Maybe but the 1.8 that is time tested and reliable has it's advantages too. When a question was asked about noise improvement, it was said that Yamaha has not tested the engine in production boats so it does not have information (db readings) on that.

Imagine trying to get parts for the new engine, some people might like the idea of having the 1.8 for the next few years.
Can't really get parts for anything realiably. Personally, if there is any improvement I would take the 1.9L, for about the same price.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Thats assuming that you‘d need parts for the new engine. The 1.8’s might be time tested but they had their dramas from what I understand, and those were corrected in following generations, and to this day people ask about which generation of the 1.8’s had their timing chain issues when they’re researching a used boat for possible purchase. Overall, my perception is that Yamaha doesn’t release an engine that is not tested enough to provide reliability and long life, and overall their boats are quite reliable and perform well. I’d also be willing to bet that a fair amount of the “parts” are direct fitment, that just makes good business sense from a R&D and ROI view point.

So was just talking with my friend about the 255 FSH H model… to get the same basic functionality in an outboard engined boat, you’d spend literally twice the amount of money for a twin engined 25’ center console with the Helm Master joy stick. Is the Yamaha a Grady White? Nope, but you also don’t have the $250,000 price tag of the Grady. If the Helm Master on the 255 is indeed fully functional as it is on the outboard engined boats Yamaha will have hit it out of the park in terms of price point and performance in a huge way. My friend and I had tossed around the idea of the helm master being put on a Yamaha boat, but I have to say I was pleasantly surprised to see it this morning. IMHO it would be nice to see the HM on a the 252 with the N/A 1.9’s and the 87 octane fuel requirement. Still, this makes the 255 FSH H a very appealing boat to have, it takes away all of the dramas of docking or loading a jet boat! Just phenomenal ! Imagine coming into dock and a big gust of wind gives you a shove and all you have to do is push the joystick the direction you want to go, incredible. Now, if you look at the video on the .com site, there is a brief glimpse of a connext screen while the boat is in HM mode.. and is backing into a dock, I’d love to see what that screen is all about.

evoixmr

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I wonder what how much horsepower a supercharged 1.9 can do, 270-280 hp region. I guess 2025...

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I wonder what how much horsepower a supercharged 1.9 can do, 270-280 hp region. I guess 2025...
In the 1.8s the HP increases 38% for the Supercharged model, so 276HP for a Supercharged 1.9 if you do straight simple math.....LOL

Ziess21

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Just got off the water with both the 222FSH and the 255 FSH Sport H.
First impression on the 1.9 is very good. It is indeed quieter, has a slightly different tone to it and definitely feels smoother for some reason. The power increase was notable and the boat ran 30mph at 5k rpm with 6 adult men and full tank of gas. Fuel burn at that speed was right between 11.5-12gph. There was not an AR190 to drive unfortunately.

The 255 FSH H was really, really, really impressive! I have a ton of experience with joystick boats and this one works the best out of all I’ve handled. What’s unique is that there’s no clunking or shifting like you get in an I/o or outboard, it just feels so smooth. It was upper accurate and has been calibrated/setup perfectly so the joystick inputs are spot on. It’s not cheap but it is worth it!

evoixmr

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
The 2023 222 FSH run 10.3 mph at 5k rpm. That's a big jump in mph.

Just got off the water with both the 222FSH and the 255 FSH Sport H.
First impression on the 1.9 is very good. It is indeed quieter, has a slightly different tone to it and definitely feels smoother for some reason. The power increase was notable and the boat ran 30mph at 5k rpm with 6 adult men and full tank of gas. Fuel burn at that speed was right between 11.5-12gph. There was not an AR190 to drive unfortunately.

The 255 FSH H was really, really, really impressive! I have a ton of experience with joystick boats and this one works the best out of all I’ve handled. What’s unique is that there’s no clunking or shifting like you get in an I/o or outboard, it just feels so smooth. It was upper accurate and has been calibrated/setup perfectly so the joystick inputs are spot on. It’s not cheap but it is worth it!

Last edited:

Ziess21

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I’m guessing the motor is a big reason but they’ve also gone to a 4 blade impeller, that should handle the load a lot better.

Last edited:

evoixmr

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Do you know if they move the entire line to a 4 blade impeller?

I’m guessing the motor is a big passer but they’ve also gone to a 4 blade impeller, that should handle the load a lot better.