• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

NEW MODEL INFO 2023 Yamaha 222 FSH Sport E Walkthrough by Neil and Julian

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
This top is a lot bigger than the one on the 210. It's the same as the 255. Cycle springs in Tampa used to make a hard top for the 210. You might want to check with them if you just want the top.
They no longer make the T top….check with RT Marine and their add a top.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
@FSH 210 Sport, do you find yourself wearing the ear plugs all the time when running you boat or just when running at higher r.p.m.s?

Jim

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@FSH 210 Sport, do you find yourself wearing the ear plugs all the time when running you boat or just when running at higher r.p.m.s?

Jim
this is a good one with different level of protection. I usually leave the little hole open so I can still have conversations while in shooting range, also use it riding motorecycles and boating https://www.amazon.com/SureFire-Defenders-filtered-Earplugs-reusable/dp/B004DH65RI/ref=sr_1_1?crid=SUX113369IFT&keywords=SureFire+EP4+Sonic+Defenders+Plus+filtered+Earplugs,+triple+flanged+design,+reusable,+Black,+Medium&qid=1661655628&sprefix=surefire+ep4+sonic+defenders+plus+filtered+earplugs,+triple+flanged+design,+reusable,+black,+medium,aps,1808&sr=8-1

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Jim
I usually only wear ear plugs if I’m going to be cruising for a while, like more than 10-15 minutes at cruising speed. If it’s just at trolling speed I don’t wear them.

bttally

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Does anyone know how big the helm/head storage area is when closed in the 222/252/255? It looks like a large area when open but how much is left when closed? Is there enough room for 4 beach chairs(we use the costco back pack kind) with a toilet in place?

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Article in boatingmag.com reviewing the 222 FSH Sport E along with some performance data.

Jim

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
71,999.00. Whew! Im good with my 210 sport. I do like the upgrades to the windsheild, aft seating, stereo and hardtop options. Not a big fan of the livewell , but in real use its prob fine. Oh, and they fixed the damn anchor locker! Hallelujah

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Article in boatingmag.com reviewing the 222 FSH Sport E along with some performance data.

Jim
Nice find on the article!

I thought the fuel mpg might be a bit better but it’s in line with other boats of this size and weight in Yamahas line up.

As @Dixemon mentioned, as well as the Boating captain, the live wells’ capacity is enough at 26 gallons but its shape is not conducive to larger fish swimming in it. For most this isn’t an issue, but for my use it could be an issue, especially for tournament fishing where fish of 20” or more need to be able to swim around while waiting for the run back to the Marina for weigh in.

The anchor locker hatch fix is a big improvement as well!

Not trying to throw poop on the roses…it’s a great boat.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I also went through the review, and saw a lot of good things. This is how crazy thoughts start.

Is there room where you can mod and extend the livewell?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Answers to some questions from my contact at Yamaha:

• Do you have a photo of the 22 ‘ FSH Dash? Looking to see what all the hard switches are for. I’m missing #1, and #5 (were behind the steering wheel).
    • #1 is nav lights # 5 is the underwater light. NOTE: This boat is not final spec and those buttons may change function and position before final production.
  • Is there and aerator AND fill switch for the bait tank, or just water fill?
    • Again, very pre-production but it will most likely be a 3-position toggle switch that goes Off/Fill/Aerate.
  • Any decisions yet on what will go in the starboard cabinet?
    • Not yet
  • Any performance numbers on MPG, top speed with the two engine options?
    • Not yet
  • I understand the 27, 25 and 22 foot boats will have the swim seat brackets (except the ones with surfpointe). Which models will come with the seats Stock vs an add on?
    • Seats come with all the 275 models, and the 25 and 22’ SD/SE/S models.
The "Not Yet" answers validate that the 22' FSH is not yet shipping or potentially even being built at the factory. I should get an update from them once they've determined what they will do.

@FSH 210 Sport - some or all of these were questions you asked.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Answers to some questions from my contact at Yamaha:

• Do you have a photo of the 22 ‘ FSH Dash? Looking to see what all the hard switches are for. I’m missing #1, and #5 (were behind the steering wheel).
    • #1 is nav lights # 5 is the underwater light. NOTE: This boat is not final spec and those buttons may change function and position before final production.
  • Is there and aerator AND fill switch for the bait tank, or just water fill?
    • Again, very pre-production but it will most likely be a 3-position toggle switch that goes Off/Fill/Aerate.
  • Any decisions yet on what will go in the starboard cabinet?
    • Not yet
  • Any performance numbers on MPG, top speed with the two engine options?
    • Not yet
  • I understand the 27, 25 and 22 foot boats will have the swim seat brackets (except the ones with surfpointe). Which models will come with the seats Stock vs an add on?
    • Seats come with all the 275 models, and the 25 and 22’ SD/SE/S models.
The "Not Yet" answers validate that the 22' FSH is not yet shipping or potentially even being built at the factory. I should get an update from them once they've determined what they will do.

@FSH 210 Sport - some or all of these were questions you asked.
Awesome! Thank you for the follow up ! Much appreciated!!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I also went through the review, and saw a lot of good things. This is how crazy thoughts start.

Is there room where you can mod and extend the livewell?
Probably about the only thing that could be done would be to set a self contained larger diameter live well on the swim step and power it with the house battery.

If you were just using the live well for bait fish, crustaceans etc… it will probably be fine.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just saw this boat test review of the 222 FSH Sport E. I think there are a couple of basic errors….in one of the pics you get a good view of the live well. As I said in my previous post, it will be fine for minnows and such but not for keeping fish alive. We caught a 28” pike last Sunday and it fit just fine in my 210’s live well, no way could a fish like that be kept in the new 222 live well.. pretty much my only complaint with the new boat.

Last edited:

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just saw this boat test review of the 222 FSH Sport E. I think there are a couple of basic errors….in one of the pics you get a good view of the live well. As I said in my previous post, it will be fine for minnows and such but not for keeping fish alive. We caught a 28” pike last Sunday and it fit just fine in my 210’s live well, no way could a fish like that be kept in the new 222 live well.. pretty much my only complaint with the new boat.

Looks like boat test pulled their test down.. I got this screen when I clicked on the link I posted. Had a friend of mine check on it and he got the same page. Guess someone wasn’t happy with that review.

4BEC71C1-7F34-485F-AA71-EA11288FF62F.jpeg

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Oh that is funny. They really should figure out how to make that live-well better. It should have all the width the 210 does at the bottom at least. I still want to see in that storage compartment on the starboard rear, but it doesn't seem like anyone has any pictures. We can hope they revise it.

Legionnaire

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Julian, I know the thread is aging but wanted to ask if you were aware as to whether the 222 FSH SPT came with snap in Marine Mat and bow filler? I have looked at all the specs and compared the two which show the mats as standard although don't see any information on the bow filler and table bracket.

Thank you

Tex72

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Julian, I know the thread is aging but wanted to ask if you were aware as to whether the 222 FSH SPT came with snap in Marine Mat and bow filler? I have looked at all the specs and compared the two which show the mats as standard although don't see any information on the bow filler and table bracket.

Thank you
Probably get a quicker reply w/ the @Julian tag.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Thank you
has the marine mat for sure. Here are screen shots from their app:

Screenshot_20221027-224522_Yamaha Boats.jpgScreenshot_20221027-224446_Yamaha Boats.jpg

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Came across this 2023 222 FSH Sport E review on boating magazine. I was pretty excited to see another review of this boat, boat tests’ review was not up to par, especially if one compares the boat test review of the 2018 210 FSH Sport, the review of the 23’ model 222 FSH Sport E is weak.

I don’t like to be negative….this review is worse than boat tests review. Besides some glaring errors in the specs and the video presentation, a lot of the boats features were left out, and there was no footage of the boat running other than what looks like Yamahas stock footage, just incredible. It’s like they don't want this boat to succeed.

At the dealer ( North Dakota) I get parts and such for my 2020 model 210 FSH Sport, they told me a story how they had one in stock and it sort of sat out on the lot and no one showed any interest. Once the show room cleared out a bit they gave the 2020 210 FSH Sport a thorough cleaning and wax job and put it on the showroom floor. The guy told me people were all over it and it was sold in two days.

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Came across this 2023 222 FSH Sport E review on boating magazine. I was pretty excited to see another review of this boat, boat tests’ review was not up to par, especially if one compares the boat test review of the 2018 210 FSH Sport, the review of the 23’ model 222 FSH Sport E is weak.

I don’t like to be negative….this review is worse than boat tests review. Besides some glaring errors in the specs and the video presentation, a lot of the boats features were left out, and there was no footage of the boat running other than what looks like Yamahas stock footage, just incredible. It’s like they don't want this boat to succeed.

At the dealer ( North Dakota) I get parts and such for my 2020 model 210 FSH Sport, they told me a story how they had one in stock and it sort of sat out on the lot and no one showed any interest. Once the show room cleared out a bit they gave the 2020 210 FSH Sport a thorough cleaning and wax job and put it on the showroom floor. The guy told me people were all over it and it was sold in two days.
If the fuel range of 84M is based on the video (looks like water is in optimal condition), this is not good for an off shore boat. On rougher water what will be the range 50M lol.

Edit: in boattest they have 2.2MPG 124M range. We need actual owner to verify which of these are true

Last edited: