• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

I officially hate my Yamaha 275 SD

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Supposedly 3 complete cycles of the following will clear the alarm:
  1. Battery switches off
  2. Battery switches on
  3. Start each engine
  4. Switch both engines off
  5. Go to 1.
I've also read 5(but recently someone said 3 did it for him).

Stan M

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
  1. Battery switches off
  2. Battery switches on
  3. Start each engine
  5. Go to 1.
Mine took 3 times, then good as new.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
  1. Battery switches off
  2. Battery switches on
  3. Start each engine
  5. Go to 1.
Perhaps FAQ-worthy? I didn't see it there (not that I spent hours looking or anything).

BGN123

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
OP.... you're killing me with the snapped shaft / blow engine thread and now this one!

I have been looking for a 275SD and there are none to be had. I just found a dealer in Rochester, NY who had someone back out so I put down a deposit.

I sold my '14 SX192 a couple years ago after we got a motorhome. I wasn't going to get another boat until we sold the motorhome in a couple years but just landed a dock space at the marina in our community down in Southwest Florida after being on the waitlist several months. They told us it would be about a year wait so we thought that would be good timing.

We decided that we wanted the 275SD. I haven't been in one yet but I've had two jets and my SX192 as a great little boat and bullet-proof so I figured the 275SD should be sweet.

You've got me thinking now that I need to purchase the extended warranty. I almost never do but I may be calling the sales rep Monday to get a price after reading your threads!

I hope you just got a bad one or that you are just really unlucky!

In any case, it sounds like this time you didn't blow an engine. After reading some of the posts I will definitely keep in mind shallow water and seaweed. I primarily went with another jet because the Gulf and rive in southwest Florida can get shallow.

Hoping I made the right call with the 275SD!!!
We have had a lot of fun with the 275SD. It is great for hosting people, sand bars, calmish days on the ocean. It’s fast. Looks cool. Tons of great features. I’m a first time boat owner. I had a bad experience with the driveshaft / engine. I didn’t follow Yamaha instructions to the tee and didn’t want to wait for inspectors (I had Yamaha dealer try to fix). As a result the Yamaha dealer hosed me on the blown engine. And I was without the boat for many months and paid probably 30k all in to repair. But since then it’s been great. This forum (and my mechanic) pointed out the frequent sargassum clogs that happen in Florida and that’s just nature of jets.

my next boat will be outboards but this one is very nice. dont Let me scare you.

Judge

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
We have had a lot of fun with the 275SD. It is great for hosting people, sand bars, calmish days on the ocean. It’s fast. Looks cool. Tons of great features. I’m a first time boat owner. I had a bad experience with the driveshaft / engine. I didn’t follow Yamaha instructions to the tee and didn’t want to wait for inspectors (I had Yamaha dealer try to fix). As a result the Yamaha dealer hosed me on the blown engine. And I was without the boat for many months and paid probably 30k all in to repair. But since then it’s been great. This forum (and my mechanic) pointed out the frequent sargassum clogs that happen in Florida and that’s just nature of jets.

my next boat will be outboards but this one is very nice. dont Let me scare you.
Thanks BGN!

We just picked it up yesterday. We are looking forward to getting out on her..... but it won't be until November. We leave for a 7-week RV trip next week.

Attachments

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Re: Sargassum grass, its a pain once in a while down here... I keep an eye out for it, and keep an eye on the speed and engine RPM's when the speed drops more than 5mph for a given RPM and known sea condition then you've picked up some grass... what I do is come down off plane back up with the wind 2-3 mph is good, shut the engines off and open the reverse gates... the offending grass is backwashed off the grates 9 times out of 10... I affectionately call this a "Crazy Ivan"with credit to the Hunt for Red October...

Judge

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Re: Sargassum grass, its a pain once in a while down here... I keep an eye out for it, and keep an eye on the speed and engine RPM's when the speed drops more than 5mph for a given RPM and known sea condition then you've picked up some grass... what I do is come down off plane back up with the wind 2-3 mph is good, shut the engines off and open the reverse gates... the offending grass is backwashed off the grates 9 times out of 10... I affectionately call this a "Crazy Ivan"with credit to the Hunt for Red October...
"Crazy Ivan" is a good one.... but that does work.

We hang out at Sanibel a lot and see a lot of sargassum grass at times. This is my third jet so that is my biggest concern down in that area. But I have run in a lot of rivers with a lot of junk and some lakes with a lot of grass.

I'm anxious to get back from our RV trip... and we haven't even left... so I can get the new 275SD in the water.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
My vote for best movie and even better book.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My vote for best movie and even better book.
Right? After reading the book, I thought how hard would it have been to put a scene into the movie about Secretary of Defense handing the Russian ambassador the clock (?) out of red October like in the book.

BeatNavy!

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
I will trigger the alarm a few times a year by flushing and forgetting to turn hose on. It takes forever for the alarm to go away but it does eventually.
Dealing with this right now. How long after you start the engines during a flush, do you have to hook up and start the water, before the alarm goes off referencing overheating?

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Dealing with this right now. How long after you start the engines during a flush, do you have to hook up and start the water, before the alarm goes off referencing overheating?
You turn on the water immediately after engine start. Dont wait too long.
Then off with the water then engine off within 10 or so seconds is fine

BeatNavy!

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
You turn on the water immediately after engine start. Dont wait too long.
Then off with the water then engine off within 10 or so seconds is fine
Thank you. First time owner. In addition to the termperature alert, It is showing a low oil pressure alert, Low Oil Pressure: 0b00 and YDS code 1. Same codes on both engines. This after a great Sunday outing, with no problems whatsoever. No codes or alerts all day during our outing, until the next day when I went to flush it on the rack this afternoon. Could low water pressure in the flush hose also trigger a low oil pressure code, in both engines?
Sorry for the peppering of questions, just confused.

Attachments

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Longer than you need. It’s well over a minute.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
  1. Battery switches off
  2. Battery switches on
  3. Start each engine
  5. Go to 1.
On my 2020 I wasn't able to reset a code this spring until I left the batteries on and just powered on/off with the keys 3x. I've always understood that turning the battery switches off was necessary.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thank you. First time owner. In addition to the termperature alert, It is showing a low oil pressure alert, Low Oil Pressure: 0b00 and YDS code 1. Same codes on both engines. This after a great Sunday outing, with no problems whatsoever. No codes or alerts all day during our outing, until the next day when I went to flush it on the rack this afternoon. Could low water pressure in the flush hose also trigger a low oil pressure code, in both engines?
Sorry for the peppering of questions, just confused.
Did you verify the oil level is good in both engines?

BeatNavy!

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Did you verify the oil level is good in both engines?
And yes, oil level is good in both engines. Being new to all of this I did not understand that what was showing as a code for Low Oil Pressure 0b00, is actually not a negative code, but rather pointing to Low Oil Pressure NOT being a problem. I used a different hose with better watter pressure and flushed the engines without further incident. The culprit then was low pressure in the water hose I was using to flush the engines. Thank you all!

Attachments

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
ok lots of weeds out there and if you back off a trailer with a jet be easy since you are blasting trash off the bottom and up into the intake grates, this is very common , learn the reverse move I have posted that trick numerous times on here. you can even stagger the engines and do it to each engine separately. as for steering control I make patented steering for these boats that will provide you with the most features and Benefits at an unbelievable buy direct discount price to deal with the slow speed issues as well as the high speed issues and so much more . Do your research it will make you think you purchased a new boat without the expense deal with the speed bleed-off in turns, loss of control when rapidly decelerating in a turn, bow wander. and super steering that automatically changes the influence level based on the position of the hull in the water all you need to do is practice smiling .

1691542967336.jpeg

NorCalBoater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I might be unskilled. I limped home once before the first time the boat died. It wasn’t safe. I live in palm beach area and intercostals are narrow and big center consoles come roaring through. On one engine I didn’t have enough control to stay to the side and also avoid hitting the side. I succeeded last time but only barely. This time has some young kids. So wanted to be safe.
That makes total sense. I can't imagine trying to get through somewhere like haulover without the twins.