• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Shelbyville Illinois, July 30th to August 3rd 2014

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Even so, I assume the outings will be cross site from here on out?
perhaps another one around this sites start up date? Although I joined mid winter so when is the official date?

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Even so, I assume the outings will be cross site from here on out?
perhaps another one around this sites start up date? Although I joined mid winter so when is the official date?
First weekend in August, as usual. I think I can speak for Neil and Jim when I say the outing will continue as per tradition.

Good things are happening here, glad to see most of the Shelbyville group hanging on this site. I hope we still get more attendees from the YJB side, but you can count on exposure for jetboaters.net this year. After the last couple of months, I for one want the Shelbyville Midwest Jet Boaters event to move forward as a stand alone for the organizers and attendees as boating enthusists. I feel very stongly that Shelbyville is about the people who attend and make it great, rather than being tied to a particular website (which may be our of our control) as in the past.

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Totally concur. I think the date works out perfect for everyone's schedule and weather wise. I am happy knowing what to plan for a year in advance. Would not want to lose participation due to scheduling problems. This leaves it more open for the organizers to do as they please and we all know that they do a fantastic job organizing it. Organizers, you know who you are, a BIG thanks to all you do.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
That is great news @sstegh ! My oldest daughter is 9 ( she will be 10 by that time) so that will be nice to have another girl her age there.

sstegh

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Working on lodging first. Spoke to Lithia two days ago and they had one cabin left, it is not available now. Waiting on a call back from Gregory' now. Two days ago the marina said they still have several slips available.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
My 2 daughters will be 6 and 10.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Just a question, my wife, kids and I camped at Lithia springs campground last summer, does anyone know if the campground is close to where you all gather?

mattschepker

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@JC6275, yes that is right up the road from where we stay. In the past there have been some families that have camped. families that have camped will come to the resort for all the festivities

Last edited:

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Thanks for the info, is the gathering by invitation? Or can someone just kinda show up? If the latter we may try to come for the weekend..

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Not by invitation only, but if it was , you are invited! Lol, seriously though, we'd love to have you. We like to have a boat and head count for some giveaways , the rafting permit we have to have and potentially food one night. I've camped on that campground 3 or 4 times, I think in loop A. Nice facilities, I prefer the main shower house over the smaller ones in the individual loops. There are some deeper back in and pull through sites that are nice if you are trailering your boat each night. You could walk to the resort from the campground if you wanted, it's all close together.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I was at the camp ground last year and it was a very good walk but not too far. If you can come definitely try and make it out it is an experience of a life time and a bunch of all around great people.

mattschepker

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@JC6275, after each Gathering @007 will make a video of that years Gathering. have you seen last years video? It will give you an idea of what goes on. we are like one big family. these are the nicest people I have ever met. This will be our third year going and yes our first year my wife was very hesitant to go meet my "internet friends". She really looks forward to this trip every year now. We have gained a lot of close friends from this group.
@007 I wanted to post last years video but I cannot find it