• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I'm not much of a football guy so on Sunday I took my two dogs and met my Dad and his dog for a half day upland bird hunt at the hunt club we are members at. Everything was going great, the dogs were searching and finding birds and we were shooting great too.View attachment 141942
Right after I took this picture we shot a pheasant and it landed on the opposite side of the creek. My 6 year old GSP took off for the retrieve and when he jumped across the 6' gap he landed funny I guess. He came limping back with the bird. I checked him out and he seemed fine so we continued on. Around 5 minutes later all the dogs are on point again and I walk up to them I notice Duke's front right ankle is huge. It literally looks like he had a golf ball under his skin where his ankle was and when he tried to out any weight on it it would fold all the way back. I wasn't sure if it was broken or what so we took him to the emergency vet 30 minutes away. After x-rays they assure me it wasn't broken but it could be a torn ligament, but it's too swollen to see anything at this point. He's all wrapped up to keep his ankle supported and is on meds for the pain and swelling.View attachment 141944
He already has figured out a decent 3 legged stride although it is much slower than usual. The vet said Tuesday at his follow up that at the best it's a bad ankle sprain and at worst a partial tear of a ligament. It's still to swollen to see anything with imaging so we have another follow up on Friday. I'm hoping that it just a bad ankle sprain and he recovers in a couple of weeks but we will see what the vet thinks on Friday.
Our dog us just recovering from 2nd knee surgery!!! 1st was for torn cruciate ligament 2nd was for torn meniscus. Never thought I would spend this much money on a dog!

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Our dog us just recovering from 2nd knee surgery!!! 1st was for torn cruciate ligament 2nd was for torn meniscus. Never thought I would spend this much money on a dog!
We are in the same B.O.A.T. It been almost a year now that our Groenendael started seizures. It really messed up our plans last year. But we stuck with him. We thought we had the medication figured out until the first cluster seizures occured on 12/1. That trip to the emergency vet ICU for 24hrs was $3300. On 1/3/21, he went status elipepticus and spent another 24hrs there. $1200 and then one other trip since, where he did not stay overnight $200. So ya, we understand your comment. $5000 since Dec. with the medications. I try not to post bummer dude material, but sometimes you just have to let it out. On the positive side, if there is one, the vet techs LOVE him.

20200927_084801.jpg

Last edited:

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Slim & Marianne's (Drew's Tavern) in Zittau, WI. Stopped by to have a beer and meet up with the neighbors to decide where to go for dinner 🤪

Sturgeon drinking tomorrow!

IMG_20210212_171349425.jpg

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We are in the same B.O.A.T. It been almost a year now that our Groenendael started siezures. It really messed up our plans last year. But we stuck with him. We thought we had the medication figured out until the first cluster siezures occured on 12/1. That trip to the emergency vet ICU for 24hrs was $3300. On 1/3/21, he went status elipepticus and spent another 24hrs there. $1200 and then one other trip since, where he did not stay overnight $200. So ya, we understand your comment. $5000 since Dec. with the medications. I try not to post bummer dude material, but sometimes you just have to let it out. On the positive side, if there is one, the vet techs LOVE him.
I don't know if this is similar to our situation, but we used to have a cat that had seizures, and a change to a BARF diet (gotta look it up) completely solved it. Our dog was the best indicator that he was about to have a seizure. Not sure if it could help, but I gave it a try to see if it would help, figured I wasn't out much if it didn't, ended up making cat food for another 3 years

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I don't know if this is similar to our situation, but we used to have a cat that had seizures, and a change to a BARF diet (gotta look it up) completely solved it. Our dog was the best indicator that he was about to have a seizure. Not sure if it could help, but I gave it a try to see if it would help, figured I wasn't out much if it didn't, ended up making cat food for another 3 years
Thanks. They have been fed a raw diet since day one. with supplements. She has been feeding all our dogs this way for 30 years. Rotties, Dobes, Akitas, and Zipper, the Border Collie, not me. He is on Phenobarbital, Kepra and a good dose of CBD. It is probably genic. Even though the breeder claimed it was not in her lines. But the breed has seizure issues. Our Tervuren, Mia is our indicator of his impending seizure activity. It freaks her out and she runs to us. He is great until he isn't. But the episodes are getting farther apart and there is some kind of normalcy developing. This past Fall he would seize every 3-7 days. Lately, knock on wood, it's 30+ days between. It pisses me off that I can't find a pattern. But I guess I can't fix ideopathic epilepsy.

Last edited:

Jimmers

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
A little father son time on the slopes, our 15th annual trip to Vail. This was a couple of years ago, been back since but fewer pictures! But now, looking forward to taking the boat out on the big lake in about 4 months....

Attachments

Last edited:

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice, warm compared to Minnesota, low -19, high -5 this weekend!
I was asked if I wanted to pick up any extra hours working for the Minneapolis depot of the company I work for, since I have off Thursday-Sunday. I said I'm volunteering to head out on the lake in Wisconsin temperatures and into a few fishing shanties for Sturgeon Drinking weekend, and even though the pay ends up being in the negative for my bank account, I'm still gonna have to pass on the opportunity.

Unbeknownst to me, turns out the wife of a neighbor won a sturgeon (tag? license? something) and her husband had spent the day getting her set up for tomorrow. My wife wants to see his wife's hole. I don't know what that has to do with fishing, I'm just along for the ride 🤣

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I was asked if I wanted to pick up any extra hours working for the Minneapolis depot of the company I work for, since I have off Thursday-Sunday. I said I'm volunteering to head out on the lake in Wisconsin temperatures and into a few fishing shanties for Sturgeon Drinking weekend, and even though the pay ends up being in the negative for my bank account, I'm still gonna have to pass on the opportunity.

Unbeknownst to me, turns out the wife of a neighbor won a sturgeon (tag? license? something) and her husband had spent the day getting her set up for tomorrow. My wife wants to see his wife's hole. I don't know what that has to do with fishing, I'm just along for the ride 🤣
Have fun, consume lots of antifreeze, Alcohol based. Watch out for pressure cracks and what ever you do...don't fall into your neighbor's wife's hole if she leaves it open. ;) You may try to strap a board across your ass, that will keep you from falling in, a'la Porky's. Will there be any roe? Or is that later in the season. Anyway stay warm. This is what I go out into the woods this morning with.

20210212_210916.jpg

Last edited:

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
A little father son time on the slopes, our 15th annual trip to Vail. This was a couple of years ago, been back since but fewer pictures! But now, looking forward to taking the boat out on the big lake in about 4 months....
Nice pics! Do you and your dad likes watches? Cool...

Jimmers

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes we do! The ski picture was in the WatchTime magazine a couple of years ago!

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Refrigerator isn't working. Still makes ice. Freezer works great, fridge area is around 45deg. Doing some troubleshooting and needed to see what was happening with the door closed.......so I climbed in, took my IR gun, flashlight and phone to read the manual.

Took a selfie while I was in there.
PXL_20210213_150622914.jpg

I'll keep everyone posted on progress. Cleaned the shelves and put them back. Waiting to see if it cools back down now.

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Is it the fan?

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is it the fan?
This fridge uses a damper and a fan to pump cold air from the freezer into the fridge. I watched the damper open shut and felt air moving upwards into the fridge space from in there. All the diagnostics show good/acceptable.

If it doesn't cool back down I'm calling in reinforcements.

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Condenser fan behind the refrigerator?

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Condenser fan behind the refrigerator?
That one's running too.

Ran diagnostic test again. Damper is acting wonky now that I can't see it. Found some more info online about testing the pinouts on the rear control boards. Going to give that a go.

Need to figure out something. Back deck as a walk-in fridge will only last a few more days, and I have some concerns about wildlife having a feast when I'm not looking.

PXL_20210213_152928886.jpg