• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
the gas stations pictured are across the street from each other. What makes Chevron’s gas worth more than Valero’s?
No idea how it works in your state, but (at least in the past when I dealt with this), in WI, we weren't allowed to change the price more than once per day. My boss would send someone out on a 2-mile radius drive, and we would set our daily price 5 cents lower than the lowest in that radius. This was with a local privately owned business, not a corporate chain such as those 2. Unsure of whether corporate sets their pricing, or if they're independently owned and have more leeway, nor do I know the pricing laws in your state.

A funny aside to that, there used to be 2 Marathon gas stations across the corner from each other. One was independently owned, and the other was a corporate-owned store. The independent would ALWAYS set his prices lower, thereby stealing business from them. Unsure if corporate bought him out, or if he gave up the business for something else, but neither exist at those locations anymore - the independent closed up shop first.

deubank1776

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Yamaha buys Siren Marine.
Capture.PNG

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
20211230_142349.jpg

Skiing Monarch tomorrow...hopefully. the forecast changed a little. We were expecting the high of -1 degrees, not a huge deal we have the right gear. They have changed the wind and snow forecast. Was 4 to 8 overnight. Now it's 10 to 25 inches with 80 mph winds. There will be no lift service if we see that. We might just ski , ski cooper if they are operating.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did some log splitting today....it was 70 degrees.....beginning to wonder if I'll ever fire up the fireplace inside.....although Monday is supposed to be in the 40s again.
I remember when we moved to Durham, and the place had a fireplace. I laughed and asked the agent when it ever got cold enough to need it. Laughed again when I was told "oh, it gets pretty cold at night around here. It'll drop into the 30's when a front moves through"

Never used it. I'd love to retire to Chapel Hill and get used to your "cold" temps, but it seems we'll be dealing with 4 seasons for quite a few more years

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I remember when we moved to Durham, and the place had a fireplace. I laughed and asked the agent when it ever got cold enough to need it. Laughed again when I was told "oh, it gets pretty cold at night around here. It'll drop into the 30's when a front moves through"

Never used it. I'd love to retire to Chapel Hill and get used to your "cold" temps, but it seems we'll be dealing with 4 seasons for quite a few more years
We've turner into southerners....we fire our wood burning stove up when it gets into the 40s! (Whenever the heat pumps kick on the strips!)

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
View attachment 169067

Skiing Monarch tomorrow...hopefully. the forecast changed a little. We were expecting the high of -1 degrees, not a huge deal we have the right gear. They have changed the wind and snow forecast. Was 4 to 8 overnight. Now it's 10 to 25 inches with 80 mph winds. There will be no lift service if we see that. We might just ski , ski cooper if they are operating.
I was checking snow totals for all the Epic Resorts yesterday. Then for giggles I decided to check Wolf Creek. That place kills me. They’ve received 2-3x the snow the big resorts have.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was checking snow totals for all the Epic Resorts yesterday. Then for giggles I decided to check Wolf Creek. That place kills me. They’ve received 2-3x the snow the big resorts have.
Yeah wc is pretty nasty with their snow , always are. We would go there more if it was a easier drive for us.

Monarch getting pretty goods. Not wc or cb goods though. It took us 1.5 hours to get to Monarch. Traction law is in effect , but dozens of rental cars slipping and sliding. At one point about 8 cars ahead there was a 2 wd Tahoe blocking 3 lanes sideways.

We came in to elmos for a little cider and fireball to warm up. 20211231_105309.jpg

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yeah wc is pretty nasty with their snow , always are. We would go there more if it was a easier drive for us.

Monarch getting pretty goods. Not wc or cb goods though. It took us 1.5 hours to get to Monarch. Traction law is in effect , but dozens of rental cars slipping and sliding. At one point about 8 cars ahead there was a 2 wd Tahoe blocking 3 lanes sideways.

We came in to elmos for a little cider and fireball to warm up. View attachment 169121
Went to Monarch with my mom in the early 90's for my first time ski trip. It was over Thanksgiving and there was epic snow fall. We had a Taurus wagon so it was front wheel drive and I don't remember us having issues. We stayed in Colorado Springs and we only skied one day. I do remember seeing the Cowboy game on TV when they still had the stadium with the hole in the roof and there was snow on the field. It's funny how I remember certain details about that trip.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Tapping my way out of 2021. My maple season officially started today. I wanted to start before Christmas but supply chain shortages at my supplier, backordered 150k taps and did not know when they would be coming in, forced me to look for a new supplier. I found these taps up near the border at Lapierre USA. I only needed 5400. They were busy when I picked up the taps, the other two places were closed.

Old blue ones/ New clear decorative ones

20211231_112013.jpg

20211231_113320.jpg

King

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wife's new RAV4 just arrived. :cool:
IMG_3536.jpgIMG_3537.jpgIMG_3538.jpg

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What does the bear symbolize?
Then meaning of Bern in Switzerland means bear i have heard. Its our town symbol.

Just found this
"When Bern, Switzerland was founded, it was named by a group of hunters. They named the city for the first animal they came upon on their hunting expedition. It was a bear. Bern is the old Germanic word for Bear, and the bear became the symbol of the city."

Last edited:

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
My daughter totaled the Benz GLK350 I bought her in July 2020 - this happened 2 weeks ago. A concussion and a broken nose later. She’s fine - nose surgery was yesterday.
Now unexpectedly shopping for another car - the used car market is fucked up.
26ADFD77-501C-4BE2-9EEA-EF43B7A50E51.jpeg

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
My daughter totaled the Benz GLK350 I bought her in July 2020 - this happened 2 weeks ago. A concussion and a broken nose later. She’s fine - nose surgery was yesterday.
Now unexpectedly shopping for another car - the used car market is fucked up.
View attachment 169137
My Mom bought this car brand new in 2013 - it had 55k miles - and she was trading it in for a new 1. Benz offered her $18k - she sold it to me for $10k.
So - insurance company gives me $18k. So I start shopping - Jesus Christ - the car market right now is FUCKIN nuts!

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Much to my compete astonishment - I was able to put the key in and start it - it purrs like a Swiss watch. I’m able to drive it, but she can’t turn very well.
Still - I don’t know if my Chevy truck would start.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Much to my compete astonishment - I was able to put the key in and start it - it purrs like a Swiss watch. I’m able to drive it, but she can’t turn very well.
Still - I don’t know if my Chevy truck would start.
Maybe its worth checking out if you can buy it from the insurance company and repair it? Not usually worthwhile, but I have seen it successfully done and may be an option in this market?

Jim

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Maybe its worth checking out if you can buy it from the insurance company and repair it? Not usually worthwhile, but I have seen it successfully done and may be an option in this market?

Jim
Nah. She’s gone. It was a $6k buy back vs $18 buy out. I briefly thought about it. Jeez - the wheels alone are worth $3k, but didn’t wanna deal with it. F it.