• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I had the guy at the paddlesport dealership tell me the same thing as you experienced.

For our first kayaks, I wanted something that we (especially my wife) would find to be both stable and track well and I could occasionally fish still water.

A lot of folks actually end up buying more than one kayak. Just like tools, they use a different kayak for different situations.

Regardless of the kayak one buys, they are a quick and relatively inexpensive way to get on the water. Our Old Town's were $999 apiece (MSRP $1299). Another $180 (each) for a decent paddle, and we are in water with two kayaks for under $2400.

They actually a Hobie kayak package with peddles for only $1500. I could see myself and having multiple kayaks.

Jim
I have an add on rudder kit on my kayak and it is a game changer. Still have to fight the paddle when fishing but I have an adjustable rod holder to help with that.
Much cheaper than a purpose built fishing kayak.

RNYCLV

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
WTF??? I’ve never seen chopped up potatoes being boiled with hotdogs? Is that what that is??
It is, the pan was getting sticky with just the potatoes, no oil.... So figured some Busch Apple would help burn off the pan and help prevent stickage. It wasn't pretty but worked in a pinch.....lol
Taste, well that was debatable, but we stayed dry and warm and got to get some warm food in us.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Hopefully Ian shifts track and spares us. I’m the little yellow heart under the Cat1 symbol. BE49B73B-ED79-49CE-BC71-04E3339DFFFF.png

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Outer bands of Ian getting me now.
AB5226C4-47FB-4093-B9CD-2A53BA73B154.jpeg

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Gentle suggestion....please reduce the size of images you post here to something like <500kb, otherwise image loading time is long.
Thanks Julian
I was not aware of that.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks Julian
I was not aware of that.
I've mentioned it a while back, and with phones taking bigger and bigger images it does make the loading of a page on this thread slow down quite a bit if they aren't sized down at all. Your latest just reminded me it was time for another reminder. It isn't a show stopper by any means.

Hope you don't get hit too bad by Ian! By brother is just north of you in Tampa, his bar (I'm part owner) is in Brandon, and our warehouse is in Tampa too....so watching from a distance!

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Gentle suggestion....please reduce the size of images you post here to something like <500kb, otherwise image loading time is long.
I feel like I'm definitely one of the guilty ones here...are there any tools in the forum that allow the downsampling of jpegs in the posting process?

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I've mentioned it a while back, and with phones taking bigger and bigger images it does make the loading of a page on this thread slow down quite a bit if they aren't sized down at all. Your latest just reminded me it was time for another reminder. It isn't a show stopper by any means.

Hope you don't get hit too bad by Ian! By brother is just north of you in Tampa, his bar (I'm part owner) is in Brandon, and our warehouse is in Tampa too....so watching from a distance!
I'm about 15 minutes from Brandon, and depending what part of Tampa, about 25 minutes. Whats the bar name?
I have co-workers who live in Sarasota and Sun City Center who are already out of power.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I feel like I'm definitely one of the guilty ones here...are there any tools in the forum that allow the downsampling of jpegs in the posting process?
I just looked in my iPhone, and you can change the picture quality (currently set at 1080P). I think this will reduce the size of the photo when uploading from a phone. Im no tech guru, so I may be wrong about this.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have been watching this camera all morning. My parents place is in Englewood. The eye is just SW of here at time of post.
Edit:
20220928_144142.jpg

Last edited:

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I just looked in my iPhone, and you can change the picture quality (currently set at 1080P). I think this will reduce the size of the photo when uploading from a phone. Im no tech guru, so I may be wrong about this.
you're exactly right, for pictures we take on our phones and upload from there. I take pictures with my camera that are MUCH larger files. If there's a way to convert them while uploading, then I don't have to keep two versions (a small file and a large one) depending on what I'm doing with them.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Round 2 from my bedroom.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
you're exactly right, for pictures we take on our phones and upload from there. I take pictures with my camera that are MUCH larger files. If there's a way to convert them while uploading, then I don't have to keep two versions (a small file and a large one) depending on what I'm doing with them.
No in-forum solution for any forums I've ever been on, but there's easy online solutions. I have issues while up north, and terrible internet service, so that's why I often post single pics at a time so I don't lose the work, or I wait until I get home, with reliable internet. The following doesn't solve my issues while up north, since it requires an upload, a download, and another upload to the forum, but if you bookmark it on your phone or elsewhere....

Try this for sizing, this is super easy, and it's free:

Thanks for the info @Julian

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks for the info @Julian
I'm also investigating a way for this to be done automatically. A super lazy way to resize is that many email applications will allow you to automaticaly compresss images when you send them. So email them to yourself....select small or medium...and voila....compressed on arrival.