• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Took the boat to Hula Bay restaurant for dinner last night. This was our view. Very pretty there with great views.

IMG_1003.jpg

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The outside of the house is ready for Christmas.

We got a little snow today. Not much. It was pretty wet and heavy though.

After I picked the boys up from their shoveling job, I had them make a quick pass to get the slush off of our driveway and the back deck.

I felt like messing around, so I started rolling some small snowballs. Matt helped with the finishing touches.
He looks like he knows he's doomed to melt soon.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanksgiving Road trip is in the books!! Last Saturday we partied on Bourbon Street, spent Sunday night in PCB, spent Mon-Fri with family in a 5 bedroom house on Isle of Palms, SC, then down Saturday night in Memphis. Back home in Dallas tonite!!737806A3-D619-4BFB-B327-E3957799350C.jpeg

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We were making the rounds this week wrapping up multiple cabinet projects. Monday was a cabin in Kamas and today was both a house in Heber and a cabin in Sundance (Fun fact: Robert Redford owns Sundance Resort and hosts the Sundance Film Festival. Although most of the festivities are held in Park City. Sundance is a rather modest size resort.)

Sundance cabin: New/reconstruction, cabin is being built new on the site of an old family cabin. The old cabin was run down and was done in by a small land slide. 4" of fresh snow.

View attachment 108548
Yes those are yellow cabinets we built and installed... no I didn't pick it out.
View attachment 108547

House in Heber, located in the Red Ledges community amidst the Jack Nicklaus designed golf course.
View attachment 108550
View attachment 108554
View attachment 108549
View attachment 108553
View attachment 108551
View attachment 108552
The house is listed at $2.7 million if you're interested?
View attachment 108555
Incredible view of Mt. Timponogus and the just a glimpse of Deer Creek at the end of the valley.
View attachment 108556

This is awesome! If you like working up this way, you should get in with the development folks in Wanship and Coalville. Coalville proper will take a bit of time while Waholi development kicks up (they are still going through zoning/permitting process) but there are houses going up everywhere across the street from Rockport (where I live) and many of them are higher end developments (not 2+M $, though... typically 800K is the higher end for a new build). Lake views helps to insulate a premium value :).

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Bummer dude...dropped off the wrong Yamaha at the dock, it was a Yamaha FJR 1300

Last edited:

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ready for a snowmageddon! Well, kinda. Waiting on parts for the 2-stage (orange Ariens), and I have cabs to install for both of them. Just picked up the Toro on Black Friday to tide me over until I can fix the gearbox on the Ariens - need to remove a bolt that snapped on the gear case, and based on reports, I'll be needing to do some serious work to get everything apart, so I've got a new gear assembly, roll pins & impeller ready to go in so that I'm up and operational, and I can beat the old parts into submission (hopefully). Worst case scenario, I've got all new parts in, and I gotta scrap the old rusted stuff. Best case scenario, I've got a whole new assembly I can swap out to allow me to regrease and refurb at my leisure. Based on my needs, I'm thinking the Toro is gonna end up taking care of 75% of my snow removal needs anyway.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ready for a snowmageddon! Well, kinda. Waiting on parts for the 2-stage (orange Ariens), and I have cabs to install for both of them. Just picked up the Toro on Black Friday to tide me over until I can fix the gearbox on the Ariens - need to remove a bolt that snapped on the gear case, and based on reports, I'll be needing to do some serious work to get everything apart, so I've got a new gear assembly, roll pins & impeller ready to go in so that I'm up and operational, and I can beat the old parts into submission (hopefully). Worst case scenario, I've got all new parts in, and I gotta scrap the old rusted stuff. Best case scenario, I've got a whole new assembly I can swap out to allow me to regrease and refurb at my leisure. Based on my needs, I'm thinking the Toro is gonna end up taking care of 75% of my snow removal needs anyway.

View attachment 108751

View attachment 108752
Nice. You're right that the Toro will easily take care of most of the work around here. Still gotta keep that two-stage around for those occasional storms.

When we moved into our house in October of '98, I figured I could get by without one. Naturally we got blasted that winter. In the fall of '99 I picked up an 8-horse "Yard King" (or something like that) two-stage snow thrower from Fleet Farm. I care for her as a knight cares for his sword and she's never let me down.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Plowing 3" that fell over night where the driveway meets the sugarbush.

20191205_085344.jpg

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Been a Southern boy all my life. Keep that white stuff away from me unless I have skis on my feet and even then I can only deal with it for a few days!!!! I relish the fact that I can go out and shoot a 79 at my club on Dec. 3!!!

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@BigN8 and I clearly have a difference of opinion when told that three inches of snow fell. 🤣

View attachment 108768
I'm giving it a thumbs up because Zipper is getting to drive the tractor, I'd like to come up and use the snow blower one day, "hey kid, you stand right there for a second and close your eyes!" (just for one day though),

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Been a Southern boy all my life. Keep that white stuff away from me unless I have skis on my feet and even then I can only deal with it for a few days!!!! I relish the fact that I can go out and shoot a 79 at my club on Dec. 3!!!
Funny. I'm just the opposite. In the spring of the year, when the thermometer starts climbing over 75, I start melting.

I guess when you grow up with 250" per year of the White S*!T you develop a lot of INDOOR hobbies! (One guy I knew set up a pistol range in his BASEMENT!)

I'll admit that I'm ready for it to end by the time February rolls around. At least here in WI you start seeing the light at the end of the tunnel by mid February. Up in Da U.P. of Michigan you're still looking forward to the second half of the season. (Hence the obsession with snow blowers!)

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Funny. I'm just the opposite. In the spring of the year, when the thermometer starts climbing over 75, I start melting.

I guess when you grow up with 250" per year of the White S*!T you develop a lot of INDOOR hobbies! (One guy I knew set up a pistol range in his BASEMENT!)

I'll admit that I'm ready for it to end by the time February rolls around. At least here in WI you start seeing the light at the end of the tunnel by mid February. Up in Da U.P. of Michigan you're still looking forward to the second half of the season. (Hence the obsession with snow blowers!)
I enjoyed my 10HP 2 stage snowblower after a huge dumping of snow....but I don't miss it one bit! I love that Raleigh shuts down when it snows, and that the plan for snow is ..... "don't worry, it'll be gone soon!" Pulled the boat off its lift in November and will likely have it back in the water in April or May. Envious of those who boat year round!

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I love that Raleigh shuts down when it snows, and that the plan for snow is ..... "don't worry, it'll be gone soon!"
Many years ago, we moved to Durham, lived there for 3+ years. 3 snow events in those years, 1", 2", and TWENTY TWO inches! When that 22" fell, it was the biggest snowfall in 90-some-odd years. I was driving home from work, wondering why the heck everyone was off on the side of the road since they all seemed like they didn't slide off the road, but did so purposefully. Got pulled over by law enforcement, was questioned as to why I was out driving around, and said I was headed home from work. I was asked if I had heard that the roads were shut down and people were not supposed to be driving, so as to conserve law enforcement resources. I told him I didn't know why everyone had stopped right where they were, since it would be a lot more of an issue for anyone out on the road, such as myself, who didn't have any problem driving in this weather, since I was from Wisconsin and was used to this. I was handed back my license, was told to be careful on the rest of my drive home, and to be careful for the locals. I guess my accent helped me out in that instance! LOL

We also ate like kings that week, since we were the only people in the neighborhood with snow shovels, and my kids were royalty, since they also had sleds for everyone to play with.