• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

NEW MODEL INFO Yamaha 2023 Boats Pricing, Overview (Marketing material)

mwalker4

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
$54,899 on the site for the AR220. 300 lbs more boat with same engines. 9” more length to tuck in and out of the dock with jet-boat steering characteristics. I also agree on preferring the bench seat, and based on pics I prefer the swim platform area on our 210. All in all, I think the value on my 2021 AR210 just went up.
Agreed. I personally would like to have seen a twin engine 19' or 20'. I guess it's not a big enough market. The new 220 -222 eliminates the possibility of towing with most crossovers, that's unfortunate in my book.

Bottom Bracket

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Do you want the bimini because of storage of the boat?

I don't know why Yamaha doesn't have a folding t-top. Scarab has one on there 195 and folding t-tops can be custom built or bought from some suppliers. Maybe instead of going through the cost to remove the factory t-top and install a bimini, you could have a local shop customize the existing factory t-top?

Jim
They T top doesn't work for me for a couple reasons,
Not enough shade from the Arizona sun,
rocket launchers are not going to be used, it appears the entire tower structure is built to support the rocket launchers and possibly the console.
It weighs 200lb. vs a bimini conservatively 100lbs.
I'm sure it raises the vertical cg of the boat, adds to the tippy.
It obviously is not required for hull strength as the Deluxe came without.
imo , a 7' T Top on 32' Yellowfin looks great, on 19' reservoir rocket it looks like the game and fish cc, or a monkey riding a football, so making it even bigger is out. I want a big Bimini just tall enough to see out the front and back in a turn while in the leaning position. It will also cover the helm seat completely so the womenz can hang out while I fish.

In the images on Yamaha's website it appears the tower splits at the console, I can leave the lower structure, whip out the tube bender, fab up some custom grab handles and a cross tube above the wind screen, or cut up the upper tower and use pieces from it for a materials match.

Boat still checks most of my boxes, Indoor parking in my shop with or without the tower.
Dealer will build the Bimini and we are discussing a pedestal fitting for a seat in the bow.

Last edited:

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Don't forget, there are add on shade extenders both for and aft that are available from Yamaha. These will be really popular! They didn't have them to show us, but easy to envision.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
T-tops are not designed to provide support the console. They get their stability by bolting to the cockpit floor and the console.

I know a lot of folks with center consoles, and no one, I know, has ever complained about the boat being tipsy because of a t-top (including fiberglass t-tops.)

Personal decision, but do you really want a bimini top on a center console? I know that I would not. One of the advantages with a t-top is that there are no support poles or straps getting in the way of fishing. I considered getting a FSH deluxe at one time, as I wanted to install a folding, after-market t-top.

Jim

Bottom Bracket

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Don't forget, there are add on shade extenders both for and aft that are available from Yamaha. These will be really popular! They didn't have them to show us, but easy to envision.

Good to know! Thank you.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
They T top doesn't work for me for a couple reasons,
rocket launchers are not going to be used, it appears the entire tower structure is built to support the rocket launchers and possibly the console.
It weighs 200lb. vs a bimini conservatively 100lbs.
I'm sure it raises the vertical cg of the boat, adds to the tippy.
It obviously is not required for hull strength as the Deluxe came without.
imo , a 7' T Top on 32' Yellowfin looks great, on 19' reservoir rocket it looks like the game and fish cc, or a monkey riding a football, so making it even bigger is out. I want a big Bimini just tall enough to see out the front and back in a turn while in the leaning position. It will also cover the helm seat completely so the womenz can hang out while I fish.

In the images on Yamaha's website it appears the tower splits at the console, I can leave the lower structure, whip out the tube bender, fab up some custom grab handles and a cross tube above the wind screen, or cut up the upper tower and use pieces from it for a materials match.

Boat still checks most of my boxes, Indoor parking in my shop with or without the tower.
Dealer will build the Bimini and we are discussing a pedestal fitting for a seat in the bow.
Check out @lazergeek ‘s front and rear shade modifications he made using ocean south’s universal shades.

If a T top on the 19’ FSH makes it look like a monkey on a football then a large bimini makes the 19’ FSH look like Jabbas sand barge LOL! To each their own but totally agree with you wanting more shade.

Personally I love the rocket launchers to keep the poles up and out of the way but ready to grab and use. I don’t think the T top weighs 200#… the side risers weigh maybe 15# each, and the top maybe weighs 40#? And yes it comes apart in three pieces.

The boats are awesome I’m sure you’ll be happy with the 195, perhaps happier with a 222?

Bottom Bracket

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Check out @lazergeek ‘s front and rear shade modifications he made using ocean south’s universal shades.

If a T top on the 19’ FSH makes it look like a monkey on a football then a large bimini makes the 19’ FSH look like Jabbas sand barge LOL! To each their own but totally agree with you wanting more shade.

Personally I love the rocket launchers to keep the poles up and out of the way but ready to grab and use. I don’t think the T top weighs 200#… the side risers weigh maybe 15# each, and the top maybe weighs 40#? And yes it comes apart in three pieces.

The boats are awesome I’m sure you’ll be happy with the 195, perhaps happier with a 222?

Yes I see 3 pieces! thanks. 200lbs, I got from the 2022 marketing info, Deluxe weight versus Sport Weight.
Actuals are still probably 2 to 1 , t top vs bimini. :)

I have always liked the way the back deck of the Yamaha's worked and looked, the simplicity of a sc 4banger with a lovejoy coupling is very interesting.

The 222 looks nice. what do ya gotta get for your 210?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yes I see 3 pieces! thanks. 200lbs, I got from the 2022 marketing info, Deluxe weight versus Sport Weight.
Actuals are still probably 2 to 1 , t top vs bimini. :)

I have always liked the way the back deck of the Yamaha's worked and looked, the simplicity of a sc 4banger with a lovejoy coupling is very interesting.

The 222 looks nice. what do ya gotta get for your 210?
Right on… I agree that a bimini is probably lighter with just canvas and tubing.

You know, I look at a lot of boats, love the cc’s with twin outboards or I/O’s, but I always come back to the swim deck on my boat, its where I land all of my fish, I usually hang out there when I eat my lunch or just hang out, probably more so once I get the swim deck pads from JBP installed, my friends wife once commented that the only thing she thought my boat needed was a place to lay down on her stomach to tan.. so I got the cushions for her.

Oh man, thats a heck of a question, been wrangling with it for a couple of days now. I’ve put a lot of money into my boat, as well as a ton of sweat and blood equity. I have done most of the things to my boat that the 222 has, deck drains, front casting platform w/ pads, hard top, extra fuel via Moeller 22 gallon deck tank ( only have that on board when I’m going to need it), 12V aux bus for the new gizmo’s, added three rocker switches in the dash-DVSR switch, Raw water wash down switch and aft bilge pump switch, added 2cnd aft bilge pump, electric raw water pump for wash down (not sure there is conflicting info on the app), DVSR switched on the helm, battery chargers for trolling bank, start and house batteries (three new 25A Victron energy chargers ($630 bucks!) in the box awaiting to replace the 10A minnkota , replaced the plastic scuppers with stainless units from Gemlux, added three 0* rod holders, added two 1.5” deck drains in the corners of the rear of the cockpit, put drains on all the rod holders and tied them into the deck drains, high altitude impellers and those took a bit to get the right pitch for my area, JBP mechanical riser for the clean out tray, changed out and sealed the anchor locker drain fitting, I also chased down every leak in the boat so that now when I pull the drain plug not one drop of water comes out…and my boat still gets 3.1 mpg on regular gas with the repitched impellers, pretty cheap to operate.

I’d probably have to get around $60K to pay off the loan which includes a five year Y.E.S. Warranty and get some of my down payment back and I’d still be losing some money as I’d have to replace the electronics which would be a grip provided that I can get my hands on all of them. I suppose I could get that amount with all of the extra’s I’ve put on my boat. I think the 222 is a pretty exciting and sexy boat, but I basically just got mine totally dialed in for my area, I was just thinking the other day when I was driving around the lake at how well my boat was running and just cruising right along through some 18” chop at 40 mph. I was just commenting to a friend of mine that when I first starting racing desert on bikes, every other year I’d get a new bike, then I’d spend at least a year getting it dialed in, then it seems like I’d sell it and start over again.. I finally realized this and started keeping my bikes for 5 years or more.

I dunno, there is a heck of a mental karate match going on in my head LOL!

Paulie44

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
It is definitely only 10, reference the seating chart...
Wish they would have added the middle seat insert. Boat in reality will hold 9. Look at how small seat is behind captain seat.

NoFla21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Has anyone received any true dealer pricing to see what the out the door price would be? I am curious what dealers are being reputable and those who will “market adjust”.

getti

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Has anyone received any true dealer pricing to see what the out the door price would be? I am curious what dealers are being reputable and those who will “market adjust”.
I have 3 refundable deposits at different dealers in the central Florida area for the 222 FSH Sport (formerly 2023 210 Sport) in hopes to prevent any gouging. One dealer just got back to me today with a starting price of $70,544 for the 222 FSH Sport with aluminum trailer pre dealer fee of $689 = $71,242 before tax. That's a $5,645 (8.7%) base increase over the $64,899 on the shared list in the first post. I'm assuming it can't be that much for freight and there's some gouging involved.

I'm gonna pass and hope the other dealers reach out soon with a better deal.

NoFla21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have 3 refundable deposits at different dealers in the central Florida area for the 222 FSH Sport (formerly 2023 210 Sport) in hopes to prevent any gouging. One dealer just got back to me today with a starting price of $70,544 for the 222 FSH Sport with aluminum trailer pre dealer fee of $689 = $71,242 before tax. That's a $5,645 (8.7%) base increase over the $64,899 on the shared list in the first post. I'm assuming it can't be that much for freight and there's some gouging involved.

I'm gonna pass and hope the other dealers reach out soon with a better deal.
Mind saying which dealerships you went to? I have a deposit on one in central Florida as well (different model) and I am seeing a 10.73% increase ($5,895) from MSRP. The real question is the Yamaha "commodity" charge or whatever surcharge they want to call it. One dealer (that I ran from) quoted me $5,500 commodity charge and said it goes back to Yamaha. I called BS big time. I read earlier that someone posted a $1,500 fee from Yamaha.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I think that pre-covid one would see about $1000 in dealer prep and $1500 in freight charges. I can live with those, but will not pay crazy excess fees for a Yamaha. As Yamaha has raised the price for the 2023 boats, I, too, am wondering if there really is a Yamaha implied "commodity charge?" Since I retire next week, I am willing to travel anywhere along the east coast for my next boat. If I need to travel any distance, we will just fold a vacation in with the trip.

Interestingly, I have also priced a new Alumacraft aluminum boat, as well, and my local dealer has quoted me a price below MSRP for that boat.

Jim

getti

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mind saying which dealerships you went to? I have a deposit on one in central Florida as well (different model) and I am seeing a 10.73% increase ($5,895) from MSRP. The real question is the Yamaha "commodity" charge or whatever surcharge they want to call it. One dealer (that I ran from) quoted me $5,500 commodity charge and said it goes back to Yamaha. I called BS big time. I read earlier that someone posted a $1,500 fee from Yamaha.
BMC boats was the one that got back to me with the $70,544 base price for the 222 FSH Sport. I asked the salesman if he accidentally quoted me for the Sport E and he hasn't gotten back to me (if I get an E at that price w/aluminum trailer I might take it!).

Other dealers I'm waiting to hear from, Boaters Exchange (Rockledge) & Barney's (st. Pete).

NoFla21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m curious what the other dealers say.
I tried getting some numbers from a dealer in Knoxville (save on freight) but they won’t quite anyone outside of Tennessee.

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I think that pre-covid one would see about $1000 in dealer prep and $1500 in freight charges. I can live with those, but will not pay crazy excess fees for a Yamaha. As Yamaha has raised the price for the 2023 boats, I, too, am wondering if there really is a Yamaha implied "commodity charge?" Since I retire next week, I am willing to travel anywhere along the east coast for my next boat. If I need to travel any distance, we will just fold a vacation in with the trip.

Interestingly, I have also priced a new Alumacraft aluminum boat, as well, and my local dealer has quoted me a price below MSRP for that boat.

Jim
Jim, you're killing me with the retirement reminders...my original date was next week as well but they talked me into staying until January. I just keep telling myself I'll be banking a little more gas money for next summer.

And congratulations on the retirement!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thank you @FSH 210 Sport for getting the correct Horse power numbers for the TR-1 engines. I've updates the main grid on the first post, and also added the shade extenders to the grid as I'm certain those will be very popular on the new 22' FSH model!

MT FSH

Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I’m not digging the price games. Boats went up 7%, hearing Yamaha $1,500 surcharge, freight went up about $1,000 from what I am hearing.

getti

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Another dealer got back to me quoting the correct MSRP with aluminum trailer + $1950 freight, $1500 Yamaha surcharge, and a $1295 dealer prep ($4,745).

He said Yamaha has roughly 100 boats across all models ready to ship and orders with a non refundable deposit are due today if you're hoping to be in that first batch, but no guarantee what Yamaha will ship to everyone.

With the price increases, add on fees, and losing the ability to surf... I think I'm gonna wait it out and hope to find a used 252 FSH.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Jim, you're killing me with the retirement reminders...my original date was next week as well but they talked me into staying until January. I just keep telling myself I'll be banking a little more gas money for next summer.

And congratulations on the retirement!
Thanks!

I pushed retirement back 30 days from when I originally planned to retire. My Mom is flying up from Florida for a couple of weeks and arrives Sept. 7th. Since we haven't seen her since before the pandemic, there wasn't anyway they could convince me to stay any longer.

Jim