• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Shelbyville Illinois, July 30th to August 3rd 2014

Impelled

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Where are all those FEMA trailers from Katrina? We may need em. We'll get in sometime Wed, I'm retired and ain't on a time clock. Gonna be nice with all our friends. I still remember my wife asking me on the drive over to our 1st outing...."How you know these People? Have you met them before?" I said, "I never met em, but I do know them". She was really quiet most of the way but, She asked me several times...kept rephrasing the question. I just laughed to myself....and smiling right now thinking about it. Now, we can't shut her up! Can We? LOL

BAC.94

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Took me awhile to find my way over to the new site, but I finally made it! Really looking forward to the gathering this year; it will be our 3rd. The first was great but you spend a lot of time just getting to know everyone. The second was fantastic as all the "newbie" stuff was out of the way. I'm sure this year will be even better!!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
You aren't kidding Josh. What a difference a year makes. I can't wait to get back on the lake to see all of the new old friends again. But watch out for falling wake boards. I don't think your head can take another one. :blackeye:

Nathan Bryant

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The Bryant's are locked and loaded for Shelbyville. Lithia Resort - Duck Cabin. I've been completely unplugged months for the snowmobile season. Lot has changed in those few months and I'll have to get the scoop at some point. Looking forward to seeing you guys down there...

lashburn1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
this looks Fun...followed post last year...
oddly enough...on our failed quest to get an X80 in Ohio from San Diego last fall, we drove Past the
Exit for Lake Shelbyville...
it was then, i knew we could not make the journey.... :(

Well follow the post though!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Good Fun!

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does anyone have pictures or video of the famous "Face Plant". I have heard many comments about it but have never seen it?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

mattschepker

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Look what I found! The video from the 2010 Gathering!

I love watching the video!!!!! It's amazing to see how good everyone has gotten in the surfing and wake boarding dept over the past 3 years. Jim Buck, you are the man when it come to sub moves. My boys were wathing the video with me and nick said "Daddy i want to do those sub moves this year " and i just laughed!!!! Looking foward to another awesome trip. 007, that was hilariours in the speedo!!!!!

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I keep a pretty good eye on the activities at Eagle Creek Resort since we have obviously outgrown Lithia Resort. I was excited last year when there was a possibility of Eagle Creek reopening in time for this year's gathering, but we found out that the renovation was behind. This morning, I read the article below and am so disappointed because it now looks like no work is being done, so next year is already in jeopardy. :( It is in such a perfect location with slips on property, fuel pumps, a golf course, beach, large gathering areas, etc.

Map (Zoom in on the Green arrow to see slips, golf course, etc.):
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=39.481454,-88.708176&hl=en&ll=39.48894,-88.712883&spn=0.254095,0.528374&num=1&t=h&z=12

Story:
http://herald-review.com/news/opinion/editorial/can-eagle-creek-operate-successfully/article_6a5e38d8-f000-5b41-874b-868483940256.html

Attachments

Last edited:

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
That is disappointing to read...

Impelled

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@op

I agree, I was really hoping we could stay therebecause it's just a matter of time before we out grow lithia and gregory's
The time is now, I fear.....I think most stuff has been rented out already. Eagle's sounds like toast....

mattschepker

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Impelled, I didn't specify but I was talking about next year. We already have our room for this year Shelbyville trip.I couldn't miss hanging out with everyone. I just love this group.
is buckbuck on this site yet?