• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Came across this perusing through the boat section on Craigslist.

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@Coult45 , $22k is for the cart and the passenger trailer. Say if you want to start your own universal studios tour. I will be sure to take and post pics when i visit the nearby yamaha golf cart dealership.
Hmmmmm....so after I retire in January, I can get my hands on a setup like that to earn beer and gas money!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Last night's harvest moon taken on my phone...amazing what a phone (Samsung with 10x optical zoom) can do now! Sorry but you can't do this on an iPhone yet.

Im glad you posted this, I tried taking a picture of the moon last night with my iPhone, looked like a street light in the distance. :banghead:

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Saw these at my local marina last night. Actually I’ve seen the amphibious vehicle parked in that spot for years, it would be nice to see it in the water someday.

The guy with the go fast is a local of sorts as well, the last time i saw him/his rig. It was parked along the freeway next to McDonalds. This thing won’t fit under the drive-thru arm.
1D4D7FDB-E842-4B94-9BD5-9A64CCC28203.jpegF688637C-E962-43FE-A4F1-F6D4DDF34440.jpegEFA6A4F4-6AE7-4F2C-8CD6-5D19C5F67E3D.jpeg

Last edited:

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Taking my day off to build a workbench with this giant 200lb piece of engineered wood that the idiot framers incorrectly cut in half when building my garage.
I really think I’d rather build stuff all day than do my day job. I know…easy to say when it’s optional.

image.jpg

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Saw these at my local marina last night. Actually I’ve seen the amphibious vehicle parked in that spot for years, it would be nice to see it in the water someday.

The guy with the go fast is a local of sorts as well, the last time i saw him/his rig. It was parked along the freeway next to McDonalds. This thing won’t fit under the drive-thru arm.
View attachment 189523View attachment 189524View attachment 189525
It has F-18 on the hull, I wonder if that an actual race given number or something he picked out for the color scheme. A true F class would be a factory (F) built race boat.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Been working on taking better pics, as well as editing pics once taken. Mostly just fixing the framing and field of view. Snapped and edited these today.

PXL_20221010_211648389_exported_14838~2.jpg

PXL_20221010_211521875~3.jpg

I'm still NOT a photographer, but it's pretty dang amazing what a camera phone (Pixel 5) and some very basic editing will get you!

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Truck I use when capturing concerts or action is to just use the video set on 4K and 60 fps. Don’t even worry about taking photos. Then go back later and watch frame by frame some of the hood moments and screen grab those from the video.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Truck I use when capturing concerts or action is to just use the video set on 4K and 60 fps. Don’t even worry about taking photos. Then go back later and watch frame by frame some of the hood moments and screen grab those from the video.
That top shot started as a frame export from a 120 FPS " SlowMo" video. I then cropped to fix framing, and then added the background blur to emphasize the subject. Also did a small color correction to try and get the hat and trunks to pop a bit.

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
That top shot started as a frame export from a 120 FPS " SlowMo" video. I then cropped to fix framing, and then added the background blur to emphasize the subject. Also did a small color correction to try and get the hat and trunks to pop a bit.
If you have a kid, a camera, and a beach, you're a photographer! Those are great shots. Grabbing stills from a video can get you some really good pictures, but you're almost always going to get better final results with pictures instead of grabs from video. You'll miss a few, but you'll get great stuff overall. And I think the Pixels can actually do both at the same time...you can start a video and then take stills along the way without interrupting the video.

And editing is mandatory. Every digital camera applies its own filters and edit techniques, and the defaults don't always match the situation. Sometimes the camera nails it, but more frequently you need to make some adjustments to get it to reflect what you saw, or to enhance what you saw.

btw, my son just turned 30 and I'll bet he still has that hat on a shelf in one of his closets!

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wish this was a better shot,

Daughter's first day towing the boat to the ramp, about 5 miles on city streets, after 5 restarts got it down the launch ramp (center of a two lane ramp) and towed it back home !

I'll be so ready to stop teaching kids how to drive !!

20221009_155929.jpg

Last edited:

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Got my first wood router this week, as I needed to rout the underside of the butcher block countertops that I am installing in my wife's new craft room. LOL, turns out its not as easy to make straight lines at it looks on youtube! My lines are a bit squiggly, but the drawbolts still fit.

router.jpeg

Jim

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Did some river fishing today. We tried 5 or 6 spots along a 30 mile stretch without a hit. But I did manage to catch this angler in front of this old bridge in Jeffersonville.

19A2F8D2-1FAF-49CC-850C-B37691FABE88.jpeg
The Cambridge Junction Bridge in Jeffersonville/Cambridge, Vt.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Did some river fishing today. We tried 5 or 6 spots along a 30 mile stretch without a hit. But I did manage to catch this angler in front of this old bridge in Jeffersonville.

View attachment 189624
The Cambridge Junction Bridge in Jeffersonville/Cambridge, Vt.
What is historically fished for in the river there?