• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

nothing like them! Photos don’t do it justice. A ”Glory“ is the term I’ve read. the 2nd video is From the dew on the ground.
and I’d love to try out PPG!
Let me know if you’re serious about trying PPG. I’ll reach out to instructors in your area.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congratulations. They are great family dogs. Looks big for seven weeks!
Thanks, she is actually tiny. Pictures dont give her good scale

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Give us the sex and we'll help you name it!!!!

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Stuck in a freezing fog for the last couple of days. This picture of a frozen thistle says it all about my love/hate relationship with Vermont weather. Love to look at, but don't want to touch.

20210105_081905.jpg

A few more...

The backside of the arena.

20210105_153905.jpg

A picture towards the house sitting above the cloud line on top of the hill.

20210106_081741.jpg

All pictures taken with 2021 boating water in the picture. A little stiff at this point, but will soften up enough in a couple of months to float the boats again.

Attachments

Last edited:

T. Turner

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
LO5My1qmroNNwNEeTc5AV0gI8sjlPFnxqd-_83MGtzA=.jpg
Jpg9MUn7iHsTGYuA4g1LaFLW8MM6onnk9r-SPSZ7MQk=.jpguqx9U3Ztcnz4uwcJy6jVmrAtCobQgKK4jRhdRQVNeA8=.jpgxxdQn81r1MNjh8T77Hrtf5HtljGFGWnlsVh3qki2Gi4=.jpg
Ddfvg20HZcvSUTAGKs5QU7dj5qMPvVx9eJ8CaK028ZI=.jpg
Took my son to his 1st & 2nd National Parks right after Christmas. We went to Death Valley NP for 3 days then we drove to Joshua Tree NP and stayed there for 4 more days. He did really well on our hikes and didn't mind being strapped into the backpack at all, surprisingly. It was a great way to close out 2020.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So 4 years of not being diligent about pulling my plugs when done with boating and leaving the boat on its lift has caught up with me. So snagged these on Amazon for $108 for 2, and I'll have smooth inserting plugs again. Inexpensive maintenance....

20210106_193530.jpg

Last edited:

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I clipped on this cheap Bell & Howell telephoto lens to my cell phone camera. I wanted to get a closer view of Malletts bay that just skimmed over with ice in the last 24hrs.

20210109_092744.jpg

Malletts Bay, Colchester, Vermont lower left and Whiteface Mtn., New York on the upper right. View from the living room, zoomed in.

20210109_092614.jpg

Last edited:

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It is that time of year for me to do my walkabout in the woods for the next few months, tapping the Maples and checking for vacuum leaks. A look thru the trees down to the pump shed. I know, it's hard to see the forest through the trees.

20210110_112828.jpg

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It is that time of year for me to do my walkabout in the woods for the next few months, tapping the Maples and checking for vacuum leaks. A look thru the trees down to the pump shed. I know, it's hard to see the forest through the trees.
So I've seen your posts in the past about your process, but I don't think I've noticed a question I have. I know you send your stuff to a processor, do you keep any for yourself, or is it simply easier to go buy it (or do they give you any back in exchange for some payment)? There was a guy in our golf league that had a place in Canada and he would come back in spring with bottles of syrup to sell to us, but I never really talked much with him about his process or how he came about to have so much to sell to us - easily 2 dozen 750mL bottles. Not sure if that's a big amount, or if the amount gives you some idea of what his process might have been.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This could also go in the "why aren't you boating" thread, although I'm in WI so even if I wasn't playing plumber, the water's a little too stiff for boating. New setup and switch, and the old pump - pump still works just fine, the switch is wonky. I have no idea how old it is, it came with the house when we bought it, I'm just gonna replace the switch at my leisure and keep it as a replacement. Someone prior to me busted the lower support for the float as well, and wrapped the crap out of it with electrical tape to keep it in place. Not sure if I can find a replacement for that, or if I can figure out a way to have one 3D printed for me, or what.

IMG_20210110_232127534.jpg

IMG_20210110_232317313~2.jpg

Last edited:

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So I've seen your posts in the past about your process, but I don't think I've noticed a question I have. I know you send your stuff to a processor, do you keep any for yourself, or is it simply easier to go buy it (or do they give you any back in exchange for some payment)? There was a guy in our golf league that had a place in Canada and he would come back in spring with bottles of syrup to sell to us, but I never really talked much with him about his process or how he came about to have so much to sell to us - easily 2 dozen 750mL bottles. Not sure if that's a big amount, or if the amount gives you some idea of what his process might have been.
Last year the trees produced around 100,000 gallons of sap on my property. To this point I do not keep any to boil myself. At last year's sugar content, It would take around 42 gallons of sap to boil down to one gallon of syrup. I can buy any grade of maple syrup from my buyer for about half price. I could set up a backyard rig to produce a few gallons, but being a one man operation I never have the time until after dark. So doing the math, nearly 2400 gals of syrup was produced with my sap last year. Maybe I will get some back this year in pint jugs to spread around. Just tapping trees and fixing deer chewing damage to the tubing at this point. It is too early and cold for the sap to run now.

Oh, btw I use the same check valves on my vacuum releaser pumps that you used on the sump pump.

Last edited:

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Zipper, if you get syrup back, can you get your syrup, or just a blend that may or may not have your sap? That would be so cool to pull out a bottle and say it came from your trees!

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Zipper, if you get syrup back, can you get your syrup, or just a blend that may or may not have your sap? That would be so cool to pull out a bottle and say it came from your trees!
No, once it is gone, it will be mixed at the processor. The only way to guarantee that is to boil/bottle myself.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length