• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Another carbon monoxide death

Chatt_Jetsetter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length

Lpennington

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I can never be reminded of this enough. God bless those parents for trying to save another family from going through the tragedy of losing a child.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just saw this article, think it was on a Yamaha. The young woman was riding on the swim deck seats; I know this has been discussed a lot.

To quote the article: "But attorney John Uustal, who plans to file a lawsuit on behalf of Sidloski’s family, said “this is not a problem to be solved in the owner’s manual. There should not be seats in the danger zone.”

I will bet that the seats disappear from the rear of Yamaha's in a few years when this lawsuit wins.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
To quote the article: "But attorney John Uustal, who plans to file a lawsuit on behalf of Sidloski’s family, said “this is not a problem to be solved in the owner’s manual. There should not be seats in the danger zone.”

I will bet that the seats disappear from the rear of Yamaha's in a few years when this lawsuit wins.
As the other thread suggested.....mid this year, Yamaha added overheads to their page somewhere (although I couldn't find them when I looked) of WHERE you are allowed to sit. Probably due to this!

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I recall at least 2 warning stickers on this topic, one in the rear, visible to the person back there. To me the boat operator is negligent in allowing the swim platform area to be used while underway. Removing the seats from the back seems idiocy, one of the best features of this Yamaha layout.

OurCrew

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I remember watching a comparison video (I think by JetBoatPilot) of the Scarab and FSH and it was said that the Scarab’s tailgate feature made it possible for people to sit in the rear facing seat at the back While the boat was running.

Personally I wouldn’t trust that to be true, but may be it is and that might be the way Yamaha will go, adding the tailgate to the swim platform.

sad for their loss, but I already knew that that area was only to be used when the engines are off.
I’m just glad I have my boat before any modifications have to be made.