• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Shelbyville Illinois, July 30th to August 3rd 2014

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
12 hours driving Friday and 12 hours driving Sunday with a fun Saturday squeezed in between, PRICELESS !

Thanks to everyone who continue to organize the event and for all the members who made us feel welcome
especially @sstegh for the ride in/out and sharing you boat with us for the afternoon and @Boat Crazy for the wakeboard rides and @trace for the surfing, Tige rocks!

I'm left trying to figure out how I'm going to make it there next year with the boat and whole family ?
@Scottintexas , hopefully someone got some good photos of your girls on the boards. They were amazing.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I can not wait to see more pictures from the weekend. Sounds like you all had an awesome time. I'll definitely have to try and make it next year, especially since Shelbyville is only a couple of hours or so away.

10-8

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Deb and I want to thank everyone for making us feel so welcome on our first trip to Shelbyville. We had a great time!! Thanks to Jim Buck and Neal for taking my wife out for a surfing lesson. You guys are awesome teachers, since she was able to surf on only her 2nd or 3rd pull! Thanks again! It was awesome to meet everyone.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Wow another great year with some great friends and getting to meet new ones. It was exciting as always and the water sport action was non stop. Having issues with a boat but then everyone banding together and getting the issue fixed are things you will never forget....especially when it was fixed and test drove in the rain! The sponsors of the event were great and we had some awesome prizes to win as usual. I would like to thank everyone that put this together and all of the sponsors that donated items for this event.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
@Speedling , it was great meeting you and your family, hope the trip to Cumberland was good and safe. Have fun!!!

Steve & Heidi

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks all for a great time.

Jeff, Neil & Jim - another stellar event as always. Thanks for all you efforts with the sponsors!

100 Jell-O shots a day seems about perfect! Even with the rain we had no issue with "takers" at the resort.

We'll work on new flavors for next year.

I already made my reservations at Lithia Resort!

Anyone up in the Fox Lake, IL area let us know. There are 39+ bars on the water that would love to have you.....and we'd love to have you.

Jeff - Can't wait to see the "diaper" dance videos!

Steve & Heidi

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For ALL of the internet to now see. . . . . . = )

CarFanatic

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The hand placement is a nice touch lol

pumps and hose

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for such a great time! Sorry we couldn't be as social as we would of liked the little man was not happy at night away from home. @OperationROL the Italian surfer was amazing! Need the recipe. Hope to meet up with any locals soon and everyone else next year...now the not so pleasant part of vacation!image.jpgimage.jpg

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Tad Steinberg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
What an event, 2nd year coming and felt right at home. It only took me two years to figure out Neil, Jim, and Jeff, I'm talking progress now.

Jim, kudos to you and your piloting abilities. You make surfing Easy for a beginner. Perhaps "Iceman" should be your new JBP call sign. Smooth, consistent and right on! Great job.

I brought 9 people this year (ages 6 to 70). and every one of them had a wonderful time. All said they would come back next year. Time to reserve the cabin! We were also looking at renting a houseboat next year. Perhaps we could tie up close to the raft up area.

I'll get pictures up as soon as I can.

Thanks again to all, the memories these events hold are truly priceless.

mattschepker

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
maybe next years raft up we could do a front line and a back line, with the back of the boats facing each other. It would be easier to get from one end to the other with all the people in between the boats. it's just a thought and I hope it makes sense.
@Tad Steinberg I hope your wife loves the thrust vector XL'S. let me know what she thinks when you put them on