• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Talk to me about Buffalo, NY

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Dobricks are now officially a NY based family.

Closed on the house sale this morning (almost didn't, I'll type that BS up later). Drove up immediately afterwards.

Movers should be here in a few days with the rest of our "stuff".

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congratulations!!!!
(It’d be better if you moved to Alabama)🤣

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congratulations!!!!
(It’d be better if you moved to Alabama)🤣
You're not wrong.

When pitched the idea of moving from the boss.....if it would have been south, I would have said yes before asking the wife/kids.

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Dobricks are now officially a NY based family.

Closed on the house sale this morning (almost didn't, I'll type that BS up later). Drove up immediately afterwards.

Movers should be here in a few days with the rest of our "stuff".
Welcome to the neighborhood!

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Worst game of bingo ever!

Inventory control sheet for movers. Each number is an item on the inventory list.

PXL_20240611_154931021.jpg

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Worst game of bingo ever!

Inventory control sheet for movers. Each number is an item on the inventory list.

View attachment 221648
That doesn't even SPELL bingo, this isn't looking like a fun game!

That's a LOT of crap missing! Do they tag the stuff, or is that up to you to do prior to your move? I've heard several horror stories of big moves like that. Smaller movers don't have as much to deal with, but my kid used to work for one of those (2 men and a truck), and he told us stories of the people he could tell right from day 1 that he'd bet they'd be fired for stealing.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@drewkaree @Babin Farms

Movers left a few hours ago. All pieces/parts and doo-dads accounted for. Honestly, not much damage either. Couple chips and nicks here and there, but nothing major so far. Gonna be a few weeks before we're even close to fully unpacked, but we'll know pretty well in a few days if the major important stuff made it safe.

Filled out my bingo card except for about 4 spots. We found the items by description, so we think the tags fell off. They have full sheets that they inventory as they pack, the. Put a sticker with a number onto the piece. There were 375pieces in my load, that amounted to ~12.5k lbs of "stuff" per the scale ticket. They estimated 14k lbs during the walkthrough. Seems heavy for a 2400sqft house with some storage and outside stuff, but they said it was about normal.

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
We realized we were moving too often, and keeping too much crap we didn't need, when we finished one of the moves and noticed we had boxes that had stickers from three different moves on them that still hadn't been unpacked.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This ain't bad, but I already miss my covered deck in IN.

PXL_20240615_002652388.jpg

Upside is we're only a few miles from the beach! Shelly took the boys for the afternoon. I was surprised that 62deg water wasn't really that cold after all.

12yr Old is growing up too quickly though!
PXL_20240614_212001153.jpg

Little over a week in, and I'm loving the weather. So glad to not be traveling as much, and to have the family all in one place again!

Ask me about the weather again in January and we'll see if I'm still as enthused!

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ask me about the weather again in January and we'll see if I'm still as enthused!
@Babin Farms will be posting his temps and rubbing it in yer face, since he's not hating the Illinesian winters anymore

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Glad you had good luck with the movers… so many shady shiftless ones out there these days! Time to relax and plan the first boating outing in your new AO.

Congrats!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congratulations on the new job and move!

Did you buy the 12hp two stage snow blower in the end of season sales? :cool:
If it's anything like our area, those jerks don't do anything great like that, you're just SOL and they put all the shovels on sale so the wife can join in on the misery

Buy early before they're sold out, buy bigger than you think you'll need so you never regret it, and you can ADD a single stage, but you'll never regret starting with the 2-stage, that regret is how you end up with both.

If you really want some neighbor cred, buy a 3-stage, and go help the poor sucker trying to make a dent in the hard pack at the end of the driveway after the plows come through!