• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini Pig Roast June 2014 - Bimini, Bahamas

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No, it's just not coming together the way we wanted. With the blown motor and needing to break it in again. It needs 10 hrs. Thats a lot of gas! Lol
The trip to Bimini could be over 100 gallons of that gas.

What are your restrictions during the break in period?

Chrissy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
No full throttle, oil replacement at 10 hrs. Our boat has just not been dependable since we got it. We just don't feel secure enouph to take it that far off shore. We don't want to get out there and hold everyone up. The trips back & forth to Florida have been costly as well, trying to get this fixed. Next year we will feel more comfortable. If you want the hull truth call Jim, he could bitch for hours! Lol. 864-670-xxxx

(edited by request to obfuscate the phone number)

Last edited by a moderator:

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No full throttle, oil replacement at 10 hrs. Our boat has just not been dependable since we got it. We just don't feel secure enouph to take it that far off shore. We don't want to get out there and hold everyone up. The trips back & forth to Florida have been costly as well, trying to get this fixed. Next year we will feel more comfortable. If you want the hull truth call Jim, he could bitch for hours! Lol. 864-670-xxxx
Although we have joked about racing to Bimini it is unlikely to be more than a 30 mph trip and you are unlikely to need anything close to full throttle. If the water is rough we will be speed limited by passenger comfort. If the water is smooth we will still need to set a pace where everyone can stay together comfortably.

DoubleThrust

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I really want to do this... I think I'd rather toss my gear into a buddies boat and do it on a jet ski though LOL. The level of preparation, technical aptitude, and maturity for a group of passengers on my boat to "earn their weight," and to spend that much time with in such close quarters with, particularly if something went wrong, is enough to make me feel a little nervous. Hey, maybe I'm the hard one to be around ahahahah. A jet ski solves both issues, plus others like only having to worry about myself if shit gets real :p Too bad I don't own one.

I hope you all have a wonderful time!!

DoubleThrust

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length

Yes, DEFINITELY wait till your vessel is totally dialed in / bolted down / confidence inspiring before making such a trip. Off shore boating is no joke...

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

waterboy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My girls are cooking up loads of cookies and brownies today. these are being hermetically sealed for your safety and eating enjoyment :) (and so they don't melt either)

Yeah they are jealous they are not going but I guess they love me... or something

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Im bringing my grill, propane and a couple packs of dogs and sausages. Is someone bringing buns or will everyone have to supply their own?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That looks delicious!!! I want some of that bark!!!

leeatmg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length