• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Nc shake down run (April 21 2018 - All Welcome to join!)

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I edited the title to add the date....sorry I can't make it...this damn job keeps getting in the way of my boating!!!

On the fun side....I may be on an underground tour of Jerusalem while you guys are boating!

Rainmakr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
How far is the run from the boat ramp? Is the plan to run from the ramp to the restaurant for lunch then run back to the ramp or other exploring? Thanks. Just trying to get a timeline for the day.

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
How far is the run from the boat ramp? Is the plan to run from the ramp to the restaurant for lunch then run back to the ramp or other exploring? Thanks. Just trying to get a timeline for the day.
There’s plenty of time to do as little or as much as the general consensus decides. The run is about 1.5 hr one way then back plus 1-1.5 hr for lunch. Plenty of extra time for additional cruising if we want or the run is pretty simple if anybody needs to break off and head back solo.

Rainmakr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There’s plenty of time to do as little or as much as the general consensus decides. The run is about 1.5 hr one way then back plus 1-1.5 hr for lunch. Plenty of extra time for additional cruising if we want or the run is pretty simple if anybody needs to break off and head back solo.
Thanks! Are there gas pumps on the lake in the area? I think the 30 gallons on the SX190 would be enough to run to the restaurant and back to the ramp but just in case :)

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks! Are there gas pumps on the lake in the area? I think the 30 gallons on the SX190 would be enough to run to the restaurant and back to the ramp but just in case :)
I believe there are several marinas with fuel, just not sure exactly where they are. I’m not as familiar with the lake as others.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Definitely at least 2 marinas with fuel. Satterwhite right in Henderson, and there's one close to the Lamp Lighter as well.

Hector

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There is fuel at the clarksville marina as well as a few others along the route.. Its only approxinately 30 miles one way.. Running about 30 mph or so will put us at an hour to get there.. A little less if we run 35... The public docks in clarksville only hold about 16 boats... So depending on how many boats are there when we get there we may have docking issues.. Worst case a few may need to anchor out of the way and be shuttled in by another boat.

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Dan_NC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@Shannon thank you for the invite. We would have completely missed out otherwise.

@bronze_10 thank you for adding me to the conversation. It will be nice to finally put faces with screen names. My lady (Lauren) and I are the only two for this trip at the moment. I will probably invite another couple to tag along but we shall see.

Dan_NC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@Nealg and @sethman919 welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new boat! We spend most weekends on Jordan Lake (launch from Ebenezer Church boat ramp) , so if you see a black 242 stop by and say hey. Speaking of which, it is supposed to be 80 degrees Friday and Saturday.

Dan_NC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
So much for me being in....I'll be out of the country that weekend in Israel again.... :-(
I don't feel bad for you one bit..... I am pretty jealous though

sethman919

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok well the wife wants to go, but she won't bring the baby. So if she can find a sitter I guess were going. Just us and our son

What time do you guys get started?

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ok well the wife wants to go, but she won't bring the baby. So if she can find a sitter I guess were going. Just us and our son

What time do you guys get started?
We r looking at around 10 to 1030 at nutbush (snicker) boat ramp in henderson.

vanmurray

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

JeffVans

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Were looking at 2 Adults, 2 kids, 1 baby right now... Possibly 2 more adults, and 1 kid (but I doubt it).