• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Raleigh/Durham - Falls Lake Gathering (July 22nd 2017) Aug 25 2018

vanmurray

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Also saw Rolling View, which is adjacent to the marina. Is Holly Point better?
Holly Point is nice. We camped there this summer. Loop 4 is good (close to boat ramp). If I remember Loop 4 #126/127/129 have sandy beaches.

94627DEF-737B-4CC2-B324-E106997AE319.jpeg

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

mrmeaniemeateaterman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Joshua Miller I have camped (with boat) at Holly Point. It is a nice campground with its own boat ramp. Ramp gets very little traffic. People often leave boat trailer at the ramp parking area so don't have to put it at your campsite. If want to keep boat in water near campsite and not reload every night Loop 2 water side campsites also very good option. Loop 5 is up on a hill and not practical for parking boat and walking back and forth to boat (in water) from the campsites.

I personally reloaded my boat onto trailer at end of everyday, put cover on it and left it in ramp parking area. Not huge fan of leaving it at ramp overnight but trailer locked and cover on to at least keep honest people honest. This personally a better option for me as I can't sleep well knowing boat out there just tied up bobbing around. Your tolerance may vary.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I've camped at Holly point (no boat) and it was nice...liked the hills. I've not camped at Rolling View, but have launched my boat there. The boat ramp there is never busy. The whole park at Rolling View is pretty flat, so no hills to worry about there.

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There is a good chance i will be able to make this but will most likely be solo. Kids have stuff to do and i am trying to get out of it. Hopefully we can compare notes on the slop in our wheels

Smitty

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looks like I am not going to make it. Have a wedding in NY to attend. I have been trying to get out of it, but it looks like my efforts have failed. :-(

Joshua Miller

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
@Joshua Miller I have camped (with boat) at Holly Point. It is a nice campground with its own boat ramp. Ramp gets very little traffic. People often leave boat trailer at the ramp parking area so don't have to put it at your campsite. If want to keep boat in water near campsite and not reload every night Loop 2 water side campsites also very good option. Loop 5 is up on a hill and not practical for parking boat and walking back and forth to boat (in water) from the campsites.

I personally reloaded my boat onto trailer at end of everyday, put cover on it and left it in ramp parking area. Not huge fan of leaving it at ramp overnight but trailer locked and cover on to at least keep honest people honest. This personally a better option for me as I can't sleep well knowing boat out there just tied up bobbing around. Your tolerance may vary.
Ok, I just booked Holly Point, Loop 2, tent site #120. It's not waterside, those were already booked, but it's about as close as possible to the boat ramp and beach area.

jgpncll

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@bronze_10 , thank you

Would really like to make it. But, we are going to be at Lake Gaston next weekend.

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So what time is everybody meeting up on Saturday? Are we doing the same place as the last few years?

@Julian what’s our current attendee list looking like?

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Latest list so far is:
  1. @bronze_10
  2. @Julian
  3. @AndyD
  4. @Joshua Miller
  5. @Eric Ballard
  6. @Rideitout
  7. @96Pirate
Maybe:
  1. @veedubtek
  2. @robert843
  3. @sethman919
  4. @vanmurray
  5. @Jet Blue
  6. @Chadrock
  7. @JeffVans
  8. @Lpennington
  9. @sealavie
We will meet in the usual bay in the NE Corner of the main lake (the red Dot on the map).

I think in prior years we've said meet between 10-11am there....anyone have a strong opinion?

I'm still trying to get my Wake Wedge installed (just one bracket drilled into the ladder, but not had any time with an assistant to get to the lake to pull out the boat, drill it and put it back in). Hopefully I can get it done this week and we can do some surfing on the boat!

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Latest list so far is:
  1. @bronze_10
  2. @Julian
  3. @AndyD
  4. @Joshua Miller
  5. @Eric Ballard
  6. @Rideitout
  7. @96Pirate
Maybe:
  1. @veedubtek
  2. @robert843
  3. @sethman919
  4. @vanmurray
  5. @Jet Blue
  6. @Chadrock
  7. @JeffVans
  8. @Lpennington
  9. @sealavie
We will meet in the usual bay in the NE Corner of the main lake (the red Dot on the map).

I think in prior years we've said meet between 10-11am there....anyone have a strong opinion?

I'm still trying to get my Wake Wedge installed (just one bracket drilled into the ladder, but not had any time with an assistant to get to the lake to pull out the boat, drill it and put it back in). Hopefully I can get it done this week and we can do some surfing on the boat!

We’ll probably be there around 11ish

Joshua Miller

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
10-11am sounds good to me. I should be up there Friday evening to set up camp and do some fishing Saturday morning.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm a definite now.

If you need a hand, @Julian , just let me know. I'd be happy to assist Saturday morning.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Damn.... I'm gonna be out on Jordan this Saturday. Have friends coming along with their 2 year old plus my kids so probably not ideal for me to socialize. Next time for sure!

jgpncll

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Will also be out there at some point this Saturday. But, it will be with the in-laws as they will be visiting from Michigan this weekend.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Latest list so far is:
  1. @bronze_10
  2. @Julian
  3. @AndyD
  4. @Joshua Miller
  5. @Eric Ballard
  6. @Rideitout
  7. @96Pirate
Maybe:
  1. @veedubtek
  2. @robert843
  3. @sethman919
  4. @vanmurray
  5. @Jet Blue
  6. @Chadrock
  7. @JeffVans
  8. @Lpennington
  9. @sealavie

I hate it but I'm out some of the other guys and I are running some of the boats and skis from Jacksonville Fl to Hilton Head SC on Saturday.

Damn.... I'm gonna be out on Jordan this Saturday. Have friends coming along with their 2 year old plus my kids so probably not ideal for me to socialize. Next time for sure!
This is the perfect time then to go and hang out in the cove with everyone. Not sure if you have met all these guys yet but going to one of these is like hanging with your 10 best friends you didn't know you had. To cap it off don't tell your friends until after that you had never met any of theses guys it will blow their minds! It will be family friendly I took a 1 year old and a 9 year old last year.

Thi