• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Raleigh/Durham - Falls Lake Gathering (July 22nd 2017) Aug 25 2018

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Andy S you working during this week end? No sure if Cindy will be healed up by this time or not. @Ramblin Wreck maybe interested as well.

Jet Blue

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Julian and anyone else, I would like to attend this year (I know I bring the beer for the jets and I have to hide my boat in the back), but may be flying solo as the wife will need to be with the newborn - so if I am to go I would need someone to roll with me. Not sure what time this starts (and even if I am 100% sure I am able to go) but you can ride with me for a while and I can take ya back early.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Julian and anyone else, I would like to attend this year (I know I bring the beer for the jets and I have to hide my boat in the back), but may be flying solo as the wife will need to be with the newborn - so if I am to go I would need someone to roll with me. Not sure what time this starts (and even if I am 100% sure I am able to go) but you can ride with me for a while and I can take ya back early.
If your rolling solo and just want to jump in my boat you can. If you want to take your boat and just need help launching and retrieving I will assist there as well.

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Come one, Come ALL! We had a great turnout last year with our Raleigh Durham peeps and are planning another get together on Falls Lake Saturday July 22nd. Last year we had 12 boats; this year it would be awesome if we could double that! I know we have a ton of users in the vicinity of Falls Lake that would love to hang out with the best group of boaters you could hope for! We'll commandeer the same cove as last year. I know it's close to the Bimini trip for those of you that are going but a freshwater dip will do your boats good after being in all that salt water; plus, we'll want to hear all the awesome stories you guys may want to share :D

A few of the people who made it last year: @bronze_10 @Julian @robert843 @justason @veedubtek @Rideitout @Shannon @jeremy0011 @btbowden @Eric Ballard feel free to tag anybody else.

The red dot on the map is where the cove is, the yellow dot are bathrooms, and the Hwy 50 ramp is the closest free ramp to the cove we will be at. Feel free to reach out with questions. See you all then!

Attending:
@AndyD
@Rideitout
@Smitty
@bronze_10
@veedubtek
@robert843

Possible:
@Julian
@Eric Ballard
@jeremy0011

View attachment 58548 View attachment 58549
put me in the guaranteed list! see you all there.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@robert843 and @Jet Blue riding with one of you might work really well! That or getting some assistance launching.... as I would like to get the boat into fresh water to rinse out the salt well as soon as I can.

Once back from bimini, I'll figure out a plan!

Thanks for the offers!!!

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We'll probably be out there by 9:30-10:00ish

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It will be just the wife and I on my boat so you are also welcome to jump on my boat if you want.

mrmeaniemeateaterman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I would like to make it, but we will be taking a RV road trip to from NC to Idaho over that time. Maybe next time. You guys have fun and hopefully weather stays nice.

We did take the boat out to Falls Lake over July 4th weekend. We camped at Holly Point from Sat-Tues. and put boat in there as well. You would have thought there was a Yamaha gathering last weekend. I have never seen so many Yamaha boats in one place. Everything here near the coast is almost all center console outboards. We even saw a red AR210 identical to ours running around. That blew the kids mind...I'm pretty sure they thought our boat was the only one of its kind.
Best part was the wife saw someone's big shiny, brand new, blue hulled 24 footer and was talking about how nice that looked. :)

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Count me and the wife in, as long as you don't mind a prop boat showing up.
Dang @Andy S our paths will miss each other yet again. We made plans some time ago to tow the boat to the coast this weekend. In related news I've reached a point in my garage project that I can begin to boat this summer finally. Hope to start towing her around more often and into the fall.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Dang @Andy S our paths will miss each other yet again. We made plans some time ago to tow the boat to the coast this weekend. In related news I've reached a point in my garage project that I can begin to boat this summer finally. Hope to start towing her around more often and into the fall.
Darn it, I was going to ping you and @waterboy to seek if you 2 will be attending. Hopefully @waterboy will join us either in his boat or riding in my boat.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@bronze_10 were you out on Falls today around 10:30ish? I was driving down Hwy 50 and I thought I could see your boat from the road just shy of the ramp as I was crossing over the bridge.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yup... Lol that was me. I took my boy out fishing.. U can tell it's mine buy the way it shines so brightly in the sun !