• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017 Lake Shelbyville Illinois Gathering, July 26th to July 30th 2017

MutherTucker

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
houseboat "orange crush" with @trace and Christy Fri-Thur, own house Thur - eternity...... :p

MutherTucker

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

MutherTucker

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

MutherTucker

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
In 2015 my family stayed at http://www.wolfcreeklodge.net . They have nice cabins a few miles away from the launch ramp. It would have been great to stay with the group but as everything else was full we were very happy to stay there.
Bruce and Sandy are great to work with at Wolf Creek Lodge and are also E dock slip renters who love boating! :) They would love to have a boating group stay at their cabins if overflow was needed!

MutherTucker

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@OperationROL please add me to the list of tentative. The wife and I are coordinating with @robert843 to come over from South Carolina, hopefully you won't mind having my Cobalt join in on your fun. My tentativeness is due to I am scheduled to work that weekend, so I have to find someone to cover for me, hopefully I can get it done with 11 months head start.
There will be another Cobalt there! @OperationROL need to add Melinda (Mel) and Shawn to the list with their cobalt. they are in for next year! They live in Shelbyville.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well.... I finally wore her down.. we are reserved for the highway house... she said there is one cabin left on the property at lithia resorts... so we r in... now doni need to reserve a slip some where as well?
Very cool! Updated!

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow! Skip a few days of viewing and already over 40 boats. And it is still a year away. @OperationROL , how you going to handle 15 limit tie up next year? (LOL) ... |_|

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wondering if Yamaha Corporate would be able to get a permit for drone footage?

Wonder if we can get a special permit for a larger raft up?
I need a permit to fly my drone up there?

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I will work on the drones. I am confident I will get approval. As for the raft, there is no case where the rules are waved. We will create as many 20 boat rafts as we need like always. It is usually good because we surround the swimming area.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Even for a Yamaha corporate photo shoot?
Even for Yamaha.....I have worked with them enough to know that. The Army Corps of Engineers governs and enforces the lake and rules and have proven that their rafting rules save lives. They believe that the larger the raft, the higher the possibility and probability of casualties. They went from 10 deaths a year to 1 in 7 years after implementation of these rules.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm confused on drone permit I don't see any additional rules on drones in Illionois compared to anywhere else what am I missing? Sorry just not familiar with Illionois law but didn't see anything different on a quick search can someone elaborate or post a link thank you!

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm confused on drone permit I don't see any additional rules on drones in Illionois compared to anywhere else what am I missing? Sorry just not familiar with Illionois law but didn't see anything different on a quick search can someone elaborate or post a link thank you!
This is not an Illinois law, but an USACE rule specific to Lake Shelbyville. I believe it has to do with Privacy issues around taping others that do not want to be taped. However, I am sure I can attain the necessary permissions needed.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This is not an Illinois law, but an USACE rule specific to Lake Shelbyville. I believe it has to do with Privacy issues around taping others that do not want to be taped. However, I am sure I can attain the necessary permissions needed with enough time.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Even for Yamaha.....I have worked with them enough to know that. The Army Corps of Engineers governs and enforces the lake and rules and have proven that their rafting rules save lives. They believe that the larger the raft, the higher the possibility and probability of casualties. They went from 10 deaths a year to 1 in 7 years after implementation of these rules.
I too may be missing something but how does limiting the raft ups to 15 boats equal to a drop in deaths.. well maybe the question I have is how does more than 15 boats cause deaths..

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is not an Illinois law, but an USACE rule specific to Lake Shelbyville. I believe it has to do with Privacy issues around taping others that do not want to be taped. However, I am sure I can attain the necessary permissions needed.
Thanks it's not a big deal at all I was more curious then anything so many new laws go into effect with these things it's tough to figure out where to fly these things.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I too may be missing something but how does limiting the raft ups to 15 boats equal to a drop in deaths.. well maybe the question I have is how does more than 15 boats cause deaths..
The number is just the number they picked. Their goal was to reduce the chances of a drunk person falling over and going missing for a while before anyone notices. The 4 deaths in 2007 in Cove 5 were all that type of situation. Back then, house boats would rent the type of stereo systems you see at concerts and anchor at the center of the raft. The raft would be 100's of boats long and thousands of people would be partying. If someone fell off, it would be impossible to notice, When I started applying for permits, I asked the same questions. The Army Corps of Eng. gave me a 30 minute explanation of the why's back then. Below are links to some articles that may give a little explanation:

http://shelbycountynews.net/new-boat-rafting-policies-to-go-in-effect-on-lake-shelbyville-p6414-1.htm
http://jg-tc.com/lifestyles/recreation/rules-listed-for-summer-lake-shelbyville-boat-rafting/article_5057ff82-7c84-5dfd-a6be-03769d91d8e9.html