• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017 Lake Shelbyville Illinois Gathering, July 26th to July 30th 2017

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Lol, maybe a hayrack and a tractor. ;)

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Last edited:

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Last night I had a dream................In this dream there was a guy named Gantner and another named Carlin. Somehow, within the first few minutes of my dream, both men morphed into one man and they called him Gantlin. Strange huh? Well this guy bought a boat and wanted to surf. The boat he bought was great, except 1 thing......the wake was washed out when he tried to surf and therefore, he got no push. Gantlin was disappointed to say the least. Gantlin decided that he needed to do something about it, so he started working and testing many different products to assist with forming the perfect wave. There was a guy that use to hang around at the lake known as "Buck from the corner". Buck from the corner was a local boater that was known for always having a boat load of people with him at all times. Some say Buck from the Corner paid them for their friendship, but that's just local gossip. Anyhow, Buck from the Corner noticed the guy and how many products he tested, but did not know his name, so he started calling him "Products". I know, strange right? One day Gantlin pulled up to the lake and as he was launching his boat, a large whale surfaced and was about to eat him and the boat. At that time, someone from the onlookers yelled, "Watch out Gantlin." ....and Buck from the corner yelled, "Watch out Products." The timing was almost exact, so many in the crowd thought they heard, "Watch out Gantlin Products." I know...strange, right?" So.....after that day everyone called the guy Gantlin Products. All of the shouting scared the whale off and Gantlin was safe. He continued working on his device. Every day he would go to the lake to test. He would always see Buck from the corner, who always traveled with a "boat load" of people. When Gantlin Products finally perfected his device to shape the wake and help provide push, he started to make a few more and gave the first prototype to Buck from the Corner. Buck from the Corner loved the new device so much that he took the device to bed with him every night and placed it between him and his wife as they slept. Right around 6 am every morning, Buck from the corner would roll over and hit the device. That caused him to wake up. He began to call the device Wake Wedge. As legend has it, the name stuck and was adopted by Gantlin Products. Gantlin would go from event to event and give away 1 Wake Wedge to a lucky winner.

In my dream, Gantlin Products came to the 10th Annual Midwest Friends & Family Boaters Gathering and gave one away to a lucky winner. Because I woke up, I was unable to tell who Gantlin Products gave the Wake Wedge to. Wouldn't that be something if Gantlin Products did come to Shelbyville and give away 1 Wake Wedge? I guess we'll just have to see! ;)

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
While this dream may end in something really cool for attendees, i got tell you Neil...you need to get some better sleep or quit drinking that fancy imported beer.

That dream was messed up!!!

Last edited:

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
While this dream may end in something really cool for attendees, i got tell you Neil...you need to get some better sleep or quit drinking that fancy imported beer.

That dream was mess up!!!
I know, Crazy, huh!

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
When I got out of bed this morning my son Jude asked me," hey dad, weren't we supposed to be going to Shelbyville early this morning?"

He was kinda upset when I told him not until next week.:(

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Neil are you drinking natural light ?

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
That's a good dream Neil.

Reactions: 007

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
as a dad of three teenage kids and a scout leader for 7 years this just makes me giggle,

When I got out of bed this morning my son Jude asked me," hey dad, weren't we supposed to be going to Shelbyville early this morning?"

He was kinda upset when I told him not until next week.:(
just wake up and expect the boats is somehow ready, food and clothes already packed, grass is cut,

oh to be young and let someone else worry about the details!

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I used my Corps season pass last year.

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I thought the Corps of Engineers had some rules against drones on the lake? Seems like I read that a few (dozen) pages back.
A loong time ago as a military man, one of the first things I learned. If you want to get something done, it is better to do it and ask for forgiveness, than ask and be told NO.

Last edited:

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Do you all think there will be any appetite for some freshly smuggled Bahamian Rum in Shelbyville? :wacky: