• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 Bimini Trip ( Unofficial Thread Until Admin Puts Official One Up)

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
okay so it took me 6 attempts to actually put a check in the envelope and put on stamp on it. Finally, today just now, got it done. Now I only have to make sure it goes to the post office:sorry:

If your attentions are like mine, but "procrastination" is your middle name, please make a point to get this done TODAY. As far as I am concerned participation at the toy drive guarantees a smooth crossing. At least it has a 100% correlation for me. In 2016 I did not make a donation and I ate 5 footers on my face during the 2017 crossing. In 2017 I made a donation and in 2018 I crossed to Bimini while riding on @Amar Nanduri bow. I am telling you, Poseidon is watching......

here is the link if you need the details
https://jetboaters.net/threads/2018-bimini-christmas-toy-drive.20171/

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Bruce Any updates on the Sands? Any progress on them playing nice before next summer?

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think the last update was pessimistic.....

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
my blood work came back and my vitamin D is low ( 31). Any recommendation how I might be able to increase that ?:D
I am afraid that for medical reason I might have to attend the 2019 trips " sorry honey, the doctors said I need to spend more time in the Bamahas"

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
my blood work came back and my vitamin D is low ( 31). Any recommendation how I might be able to increase that ?:D
I am afraid that for medical reason I might have to attend the 2019 trips " sorry honey, the doctors said I need to spend more time in the Bamahas"
You need plenty of Sun... I recommend a 6 month voyage across the oceans :jimlad:

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Did @Betik just say he needs the D? :eek:
Now that I think about it does have very high WOT hours on it. Maybe it is time for some sort of rebuild.
Got to go the Bahamas and test it out.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Bruce Any updates on the Sands? Any progress on them playing nice before next summer?
It continues to get crazier. The marina has been empty for weeks. It is a ghost town.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
At least the marina is posting on Facebook.

Their posts look nice.

They dint respond when I ask about rental units available though.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
It continues to get crazier. The marina has been empty for weeks. It is a ghost town.
There is a nice review on Trip advisor from October than makes no mention of issues (I've messaged the author to see if they noticed anything....perhaps they are an owner?)

What is Brad saying about what is going on? Is the condo association able to do anything?

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Any camping allowed in Bimini ? Setup a tent on the beach ....

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I the "cannt see me mosquitoes" will make that impossible regardless of regulation.
Hmm... anchor out half a mile away from land :D

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
inflatable tend ?? you know not everyone has a AC on their boats :banghead:

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
At least the marina is posting on Facebook.

Their posts look nice.

They dint respond when I ask about rental units available though.
That is Peter who cancelled the long booked and prepaid reservations of a dozen JetBoater families. The marina is empty and payroll was said to be late.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Has the group considered a trip to Abacos instead of Bimini next year if no lodging is available in Bimini Sands ? I am anyway planning for Abacos in July 2019 with a couple of other jetboaters in this forum @jayasaki138 and @fromrio .

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
didnt @robert843 say that it was more like a party place rather that a family oriented place ?

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There is a nice review on Trip advisor from October than makes no mention of issues (I've messaged the author to see if they noticed anything....perhaps they are an owner?)

What is Brad saying about what is going on? Is the condo association able to do anything?
After having reservations cancelled, supplies stolen, signs stolen and attempts to close offices in an attempt to stop group rentals Brad shut down rentals in October.

Some condo owners continue to rent through various websites. There is no rental pool at this time.

It likely is paradisial to anyone who is there now as long as the electricity stays on.

The twenty something HOAs had a meeting. Our experience and desire to continue using Bimini Sands was discussed. The situation is unlikely to be resolved quickly.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Has the group considered a trip to Abacos instead of Bimini next year if no lodging is available in Bimini Sands ? I am anyway planning for Abacos in July 2019 with a couple of other jetboaters in this forum @jayasaki138 and @fromrio .
I have been looking at other destinations. I have quotes from an expensive resort in the Abacos.

My biggest concern with farther destinations is new boaters who will be stressed after crossing the stream. They are unlikely to be prepared to refuel and make a second larger hop.

My expectation is that if Bimini Sands does not come around for 2019 that there will be a number of smaller trips to differing destinations. Several marinas in Bimini would be excited to have our business. Some experienced groups may choose to push on to the Abacos, Exhumas or Andros.