• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Divorce is a b*tch...

Jeep7797

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I'm going through a divorce and now we're down to the boat. I'm keeping it but she's valued the boat at 13k, it's worth at tops 6k. Does anyone have access to boat wizard or ABOS that could run my boat numbers? I'm ok even having literally a trade in value which would probably be like 3 grand (even better). It's a 2000 yamaha ls2000 with trailer. I very much appreciate any help you can. Btw, cheaper to keep her in the grand state of Illinois!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You'll be much happier in a couple of years. Get it appraised by a certified marine appraiser.

Dave burke

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Did you check Nada Guides? It think it’s owned by JD Power now. I just did for my area and it’s closer to her number than yours unfortunately.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
NADA value with trailer is $10,000 to 12,000. Condition is the key here, so if its a mess then you need to consider that.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Sell the mf’er for $13 K, take your $6500 and go buy a new boat. Then load it up with hot chicks and have fun. Or go out by yourself and not deal with anyones bs.

Last edited:

Jeep7797

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I did check nada and similar. Those numbers are pretty elevated. The attorney says the judge feels it will be similar to a car or truck, if I took my vehicle to Carmax or a dealership and got a cash offer on it that would be fair. In speaking to a local marina, they base the purchase price on ABOS but that's a pay to use site for dealerships. Last year according to that site it was about $3000 but the finance guy isn't in for a few days to recheck. There are similar boats in Florida etc on boat trader that are between 6k and 12k but have been there for literally months. I'm just trying to get the total price tag down and if he'll accept a trade in value, that offsets some of what I'm losing to her for 4 years of garbage. It's shitty to think she's making a fortune off of a 4 year marriage.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Did you have the boat before you got married?

Jeep7797

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Unfortunately no. Boat is solely in my name but that's irrelevant, bought it in 2019 before all the prices elevated. Took a 6k boat and put a new motor in it when we were together so that's a wash, I left her and last summer put a 2nd motor in and other stuff for about 6k out of "joint funds" which were my premarital funds that she gets half of. The attorney is saying that cost will have to be split so she's on the hook for subtracting 3k from what she gets there but if I can get a few offers to buy the boat for trade in value it upsets it in my favor. I unfortunately can't just sell it to a buddy for $500 or I would but they DO consider me selling it to a marina for 3k legit. She could fight that but if there is 2 offers from 2 different unrelated marinas that are close they uill use that figure uncontested. My local marina says 3k is all they would give and that's based off of that credible site. I'm hoping to get a 2nd print out from somewhere else for a similar purchase price. I'm hoping everyone uses the same website as my local dealer really. I don't want to sell the boat really and have to buy a new one because I may be a non-boater for this season lol. Also, I'm on my 2nd attorney and 1 year into this divorce so who knows how much longer and more money out of my pocket this gets to be.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I listed the same boat last June for 10 and it sold quick.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The best deal you are going to get is to end the divorce quickly, keep her out of any retirement funds you may have. Otherwise the, ummm ahhhem, attorneys are just going to eat up your money. I’ve been through this a few times with guys I know… in the end it is best to just say okay bitch, here you go, give her what she wants and have her sign off that she will never come back on anything in the future, also might be a good idea to have a shrink evaluate her and say she is within her wits and is not depressed blah blah blah… seen that happen before too. Those guys who didn’t follow my advice had the ummmm women got into their retirement funds.

Hopefully you learned a big lesson out of this and will never get married again without an air tight pre nup… any woman not willing to sigh such a document is not worth marrying in the first place.

Since you got the boat while you were married keeping it will be a souvenir of a bad scene.. in your head it will always be there… trust me on this, get rid of the boat, go buy a new boat. I think Q2 or Q3 of 2023 may be a great time to buy a boat.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Ugh... Someone may be getting a good deal, just not me haha.
As I heard a drunk guy say once in old town… know why divorce is so expensive? Cause it’s worth it!

Seriously dude, this doesn’t define you unless you let it. Get it done and move forward with your life. I’m sorry you’re having to go through this… really I am.

Scrape everything off and start clean.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thats an insane price for that boat! I sold my 2003 LX210 (an LS2000 with a swim platform) or 11k in 2005. MSRP was 20K, so people are paying 50% of MSRP for what is soon to be an antique boat? Nuts.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Thats an insane price for that boat! I sold my 2003 LX210 (an LS2000 with a swim platform) or 11k in 2005. MSRP was 20K, so people are paying 50% of MSRP for what is soon to be an antique boat? Nuts.
You should check the market on 12 valve and manual trans trucks…people are realizing all the electronics aren’t necessarily better.

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
OP been there done that.

The equitable distribution can be one sided. That could be a 6k check mark in your column or her's.
Pennys sometimes in the grand scheme of thinks

There is a lawyer member online. He chimed in on my vent thread.

GL on it

Jeep7797

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'd love tochat with him for a few if anyone knows him. Um on attorney number 2 and noone seems to want anything to do but collect a paycheck. The ex included!

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'd love tochat with him for a few if anyone knows him. Um on attorney number 2 and noone seems to want anything to do but collect a paycheck. The ex included!
He commented on challenging international travel during covid. That's his SN

#LakesideLaw