• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Shelbyville Illinois, July 31th to August 2nd 2015

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Everyone- Please fill out and submit your registration form and submit it immediately. I need to get total counts for food, swag, tshirts and all the information for our rafting permit.

This year we will have the best Tshirt ever. I guarantee you will be happy with the design and quality. We are using Direct to Garment printing, where the ink is infused into the fabric and thus does not fade. Also, becasuse the last few years we have had an issue with the Ladies tshirts running small and also shrinking, we have secured a different tshirt that does not shrink and runs true to size.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Pics or I don't believe you! Jk!
my group has been notified. We have 30+ people going to cumberland and then about half of us going to Shelbyville. One of the crew has family in Shelbyville so they are working out details but we are bringing 3 of the 5 boats with us!

MutherTucker

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looking forward to meeting you Renee...I've walked past your boat a couple of times in the last 2 years. Don't let your Tige buddy give you too much trouble, lol. Everybody loves what attracted them to their type of boat, but you meet some of the nicest people on a Yamaha. Plus they throw some of the best gatherings... ;)
I'm so looking forward to meeting you all!

I'm pretty loyal to the Yamaha, there's so much more I like about them other than the wake. You cannot beat that swim deck! Who wants to climb over a sun deck to get to the back of the boat?? I'm clumsy, I fall down a lot.

And I don't see all the hullabaloo about steering with jet drives. Big deal, practice for 5 minutes in the open water. I make that boat my bitch with the motor manipulation, it's like a fun game! I'm a woman, I like things to be a little complex. Finless for me!

And they are sexy looking boats from nose to toes. Aren't they?!? I shopped for 5 years before I pulled the trigger, I think we looked at every boat out there!

My only real issue is, I am not mechanically inclined and there is soooo much to know about the Yamaha. I read some of these threads and feel like I will never learn about all the crap that could go wrong, It's overwhelming sometimes.

Now, if only my gas tank were here so I could go play.....sigh.

P.S. I bought an 8 person Island raft, if my boat's not up and running, one of you could just tow my family to the cove and leave us there. I'll bring my anchor. #muthertuckerinthehouse LOL

Last edited:

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hey Yamahas can throw one heck of a wake!!! :p :cool:

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Looks like another AWESOME Shelbyville gathering in the making! Sorry we won't be there this year....but who knows what will happen next year!!! Not sure If I won the award last year for the member towing the longest distance? Would have been 780 miles if we had done it direct, but we went via Cincinnati and Mammoth Cave so it was nearly 1000 miles there, and 780 back!

I'm sure there will be some great photos and video! You need to get @Ronnie to join you to add drone footage!

trace

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Drone footage would be awesome for sure.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I've got a phantom 1 with three batteries and a back pack case that I'd loan to any Shelby-viller that is willing to give it a try, just need to add your own go pro and pick up shipping both ways.

Batteries are good for about 15 minutes of flight time, 10 safely and take about an hour to charge.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Ronnie, I do believe a couple people were asking if anyone had a drone. I would be great if you could lend us your Phantom 1. I would take responsibility for it and pick up the shipping. I will PM you my address. Thanks!!!!!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Cool. I'm charging the batteries on it now and will check it out before I pack it up. I should be able to mail it sometime next week.

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
And while surfing!!

I need to make a Shelbyville playlist. I know most of my music is not so kid friendly so I will work on that. Volume on the other hand that will be up!!

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Please do clean up your list for "Raft-up Play". So far we have 41 kids registered.
And while surfing!!

I need to make a Shelbyville playlist. I know most of my music is not so kid friendly so I will work on that. Volume on the other hand that will be up!!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Kids bop that list people!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Funny you say that, the wife and I said something about buying one for the boat for when the kids want to tube and listen to music. Probably will happen!

MutherTucker

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Putting a disclaimer out there !! Me and @jcyamaharider like to listen to our music kind of on the loud side when we cove out and party !!!! I'm sure @MutherTucker is the same !!! Are we going to party our what !!!! I can't wait !!!
Uhhhhhhhh, yes. But will be respectful if people want to actually carry on a conversation....

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Putting a disclaimer out there !! Me and @jcyamaharider like to listen to our music kind of on the loud side when we cove out and party !!!! I'm sure @MutherTucker is the same !!! Are we going to party our what !!!! I can't wait !!!
Sweet! That'll save drain on my batteries!